Personal loans of a 457 visa

Guest Scotdaveth

Guest Scotdaveth

I've tried searching the forums on this topic but couldn't find any threads....

I've been in NSW for 6 months now on a 457 visa. My visa is valid until May 2015. I'm trying to arrange finance to buy some new photography equipment (I'm a staff photographer for a large Sydney studio, so I'm on a salary). So far the only thing that seems to be an option is a credit card from my bank Westpac.

Does anyone know of any options I can explore to obtain finance?

I've tried searching the forums on this topic but couldn't find any threads....

I've been in NSW for 6 months now on a 457 visa. My visa is valid until May 2015. I'm trying to arrange finance to buy some new photography equipment (I'm a staff photographer for a large Sydney studio, so I'm on a salary). So far the only thing that seems to be an option is a credit card from my bank Westpac.

Does anyone know of any options I can explore to obtain finance?

we got a personal loan through NAB after been here for 3 weeks!!! and it was for quite a bit to buy 2 cars- we did have a bank account set up with them just before we moved out here.....was so suprised we could get one so soon as my hubby had no payslips yet but proof of income ( work contract)....:) and we are on a 457.:wink:

Well, if it helps our bank just told us that they won't give more than $10k for 457's and it needs to be paid within the remaining time on our visa. We have our PR application in, so will just wait until that comes through.

When we first got onto our 457, we took out a loan for $7k and also got a credit card for $7k from ANZ.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Im in the same situation i need a new camera to set up a business over here and although we were credit for 2 cars we cannot get credit anywhere for a camera as we are not "permanent residents" yet, if anyone has any ideas how to get round this please let me know, maybe apply to the bank for a business loan?