ETA or Tourist Visa following Spouse refusal

Hello ... not sure if anyone can help with this but maybe somebody has been in this situation. I'm an Australian citizen and my husband is a US citizen. His spouse visa was refused a year and a half ago because of the health requirement and we are awaiting an MRT appeal. We currently live in the USA and want to visit my family in Australia for 3 weeks over Christmas/New Year. Last time we visited, all we needed was an electronic travel authority for my husband but that was prior to the spouse visa refusal. Does anyone know if he can still just get an ETA or does he need to apply for a Tourist Visa? (I know, I'm probably going to have to call the Australian Embassy but maybe someone here knows the answer, on the off chance!)

Thanks for any help,

Jen

Guest GoldCoastMag

hi Jen, I cant believe that you are both still in limbo! sorry I am not sure either, but hope you get a visitor visa and soon get it all sorted.

I did ask our CO but never got a satisfactory answer. Have you looked at the questions you have to answer for an ETA, I know the US one asks if you have ever been denied a visa.

OH doesnt miss Florida too much at all.

My fingers are crossed for you.

BEST!

Thanks J. - yes, we're still waiting, no contact at all from the MRT yet, other than that they received the application. :( It's been 1 year and 10 months and counting ...

I emailed the Washington Embassy so hopefully they'll get back to me soon. I tried going through the ETA application online but I couldn't see anywhere where it asked about a visa refusal, so not sure if it's been changed.

I'm glad you're all settled and that OH is not missing things too much!

- Jen