where to stay

seamusandie

hi we arrive in Sydney soon and would like to stay somewhere in Sydney/ Newcastle area for a few nights. would anyone be able to recommend a good b&b or hotel that's not going to be too expensive for us and our 3 children.

any help much appreciated.:smile:

Not going there so cant help tbh,but you will probably get more help if this was in the dilemmas forum or somewhere like that,one of the mods can move it for yer

Guest Guest31881
Not going there so cant help tbh,but you will probably get more help if this was in the dilemmas forum or somewhere like that,one of the mods can move it for yer

I have moved post to NSW suburbs, Hopefully you will get more replies here. :wink:

As you are a family I suggest you consider staying in a family room in a hostel - whether it's YHA or private. My only experience was in the Sydney YHA at Central Station but I enjoyed it. Hostels are not just for 20's - you will find families, oldies, there too and many of the hostels are clean. You can't complain about the location. You might complain about the price though. I don't know what your budget is. Join the YHA first to get a bit of a discount. Then start Googling. I did have a look at the YHA in The Rocks where they do have family rooms - $165 per night? I can't remember, seems dear, wonderful location mind.

Australia does do do B & B in the extensive way that the UK does - I mean with lots of options and prices. Here they tend to be dear. I could be wrong though as I've not stayed in any.

Another option is to stay in an actual 'pub' i.e. 'hotel'. You may not have private facilities but I have stayed in a few that were OK, mainly in the country though i.e. outside Sydney.

Newcastle might be easier to get cheaper accomodation than Sydney. I rather liked Newcastle when I went there, much smaller than Sydney but with just as good beaches.

Finally, motels are another option, not many in Sydney but I did see a couple in Liverpool Road, Ashfield.

There's a hotel right outside my door, forgot about that! 'Goodlet Lodge' right on the bus stop, ten mins walk from Central Station.

Bounce Hotel and Hostel not far from me on Chalmers St, over the road from Central Station. The YHA I mentioned is on the other side of Central.

I guess it all comes down to how much you can afford? Even short term furnished accomodation might fit your bill.