Visa processing time.

Guest Abubaqr2001

Guest Abubaqr2001

I was wondering if anybody can give me some advise/help.

I applied for General Skilled Migrant in June 2009. In November 09, DIAC contacted my current employer and asked for reference which i assume went OK. After this, i have not heard anything from them.

However, I have contacted them on few occasions and their response had always been the same. That my application is under routine processing and we need to perform some cheracter assesment checks and that we will contact you if any further information is required.

In Nov 2010, they replied that the response from the outside agencies with reference to my cheracter asessment was delayed and my case officer has written an email to the agencies. asking for the response.

Two weeks after that,i contacted them again and they replied that nothing can be done about my application at the moment and if i try to contact them again, my application will be refused.

After that, i have not tried to contact them but i am continuously worried that what the outcome of my application will be. Or for how long further it will take before they can decide on my application. It has been a long time since June 2009.

I will be grateful if somebody could shed some light on how long it might take before they decide on my application.

Thanks in anticipation

OMG i take it then the person you last spoke with had gotten up from the wrong side of the bed. i would not have been happy to have received a response like that and would have stated a complaint.

I dont know what to advise, maybe asking an agent for advice, they may charge you a one off fee for contacting them on your behalf, i would be gobsmacked if a migration agent received the same responce.

Guest Abubaqr2001
Hi, I am shocked that they would refuse based on you just enquiring on your status? Are you from a High Risk Country perhaps?

Jodie

Hi Eddie

Thanks for the reply. yes i am from a high risk country(Pakistan). But i have been living in UK for the last nine years and have got indefinite leave to remain here. I am applying for UK citizenship this month.

Guest langhoatu81
Hi Eddie

Thanks for the reply. yes i am from a high risk country(Pakistan). But i have been living in UK for the last nine years and have got indefinite leave to remain here. I am applying for UK citizenship this month.

you are an UK citizen, I still can't figure it out why applying for Aussie visa for?

Guest Abubaqr2001

Originally i applied as an insurance. just in case i do not get UK immigration. But now i think Australia, with its outdoor lifestyly, is a better country to live in than UK. Except for recent floods, of course.

Originally i applied as an insurance. just in case i do not get UK immigration. But now i think Australia, with its outdoor lifestyly, is a better country to live in than UK. Except for recent floods, of course.

Immigration are obviously not satisfied at the fact you are from Pakistan and you have applied for a visa for australia, yet you are living in the uk, You must have known that australia is better than the Uk when doing your home work, so why come to live in uk for 9 year then decide to apply for australia, this is why i think you are on HOLD,

Good luck with the outcome

Proview

Guest Abubaqr2001

At the time i came to UK, I did not qualify for Australian immigration (Qualification, experience) and at the time i applied for Australia, i was on a temporary visa in UK.

Anyway, I have not breached any law.

Archived