private schools in upper coomera gold coast

Guest juju

hi there

does anyone know anything about assissi catholic college or saint stephens college in upper coomera. We are looking for our daughter for either now (YR 7) or year 8. there is a big difference in cost and the catholic school is cheaper ( liking that one already lol!!!) and just wondered if anyone had children in either, its nice to hear first hand what they are like. This whole public and private schooling gives me a headache !! thanks

Hi Julie,

Sorry I cant help you with either of those schools, my boys go to coomera anglican college which is the private school across the road from assissi. I take it you are catholic if you are looking at assissi?? Boys loving it as the anglican college.

Donna

Does anyone know what Upper Coomera State College is like ??

Claire. XX

The state high has been in the papers abit this week, not really anything major think it was more about the kids fighting etc and lets face it you will get that in almost every high school world wide! Its the first time ive ever heard it mentioned in the news so it cant be too bad.

Cal x

Hi Julie,

Sorry I cant help you with either of those schools, my boys go to coomera anglican college which is the private school across the road from assissi. I take it you are catholic if you are looking at assissi?? Boys loving it as the anglican college.

Donna

thanks Donna,

been on the web, liked the look of the school, got an appointment on thurs with meg so will go from there

cheers

julie

Glad I could help Julie, hope it goes well on Thursday and Meg likes it.

Speak soon Donna x

As for the upper comera state college it had a "lock in" last week due to a student having a run in with the head I think. Managed to hit the local papers and news as they didnt know if he was carrying a knife, he was known to have mental issues I think!!!!

Guest sharon

hiya

my 5 and 6 year olds go to st Francis Xavier at runaway bay this only goes up to year 7 and then the kids either go to aquinas college in ashmore or Ab paterson or Assisi, I have met a few parents whose kids have gone on to Asissi and I have only heard positive things, it is a pretty new school so facilities are all new and up to date the principal has a really good reputation. My friends children also attend there and she is really pleased with the school and the kids are thriving and doing well. A word of warning though make sure you have your childrens christening certificates otherwise you will have difficulty getting them in even if you are catholic at present there is still a waiting list.

st stephens is also a good school however I think it is a lot more exoensive than Asissi

good luck

sharon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest kirwin

I'm from Upper Coomera State College and it’s a great school. They have amazing academic, sporting and cultural programs. There is also so many opportunities that other schools don’t have. For me this is the only school that has offered such academic support. I'm advanced in maths and out of all the schools I've been (when i arrived it was my 4th school in 2 years) Upper Coomera State College has been the only to offer me the opportunity to skip a grade for the subject.

Any bad press is undeserved. In the case of the lockdowns the school puts the students safety above all else and will do what it takes to ensure the students are safe at all times. With the fight, all schools have fights, I've heard about schools where daily fights are common. We don’t generally have fights so when one does occur it is a big deal. When it comes to the media, we had already been targeted so they used the fight as a chance to propel the negative image.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest PaulineN

Hi, I am looking at private schools in this area as well. Have an appt to tour St Stephens next week (my boy starts prep in 2012). Assisi said they have more applications than they have places for 2012 already! AB Patterson said they have an extensive wait list. I've heard the traffic near assisi / coomera anglican college is really bad at school time being 2 schools right across from each other though. Any feedback appreciated. Also feed back on other private schools ab patt. etc appreciated. Also interested in st francis xavier too.

P

Archived