TRA application - List of documents required

Guest The.Colebecks

Guest The.Colebecks

Below is a list of the content we sent for our successful TRA application. It may be useful for those who are about to embark on the dreaded application!!

Everything must be on A4 paper and not clipped together in any way (i.e. no staples, paperclips etc)

You only send copies, hence the reason for them to be certified by a Solicitor or Justice of the Peace.

Every page should have typed or stamped on it :-

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document [signature]_________________

[Name of Solicitor/JP] Declared at: [address where signing took place] Date:

I typed this information onto small stickers and placed one on each page, then photocopied the lot. My J.P. friend then just signed each one. Solicitors tend to have an official stamp that they use of this purpose.

Get quotes from a couple of Solicitors, their prices can vary considerably! Tell them that it is a ‘pack’ of documents that need signing rather than asking how much they charge per signature.

You should obtain at least TWO certified copies of everything listed, as one complete set will need to be sent with your visa application, in due course.

I would be happy to help out with website designs (100% free web hosting so no continuous outlay) and/or a one off business card copy (see my notes on this below).

Good luck everyone!

·TRA application form

·Certified copy of ID page from applicants passport

·Certified copy of applicants Birth Certificate

·2 x Passport photos of applicant (you will also need 4 x passport photos of EACH person on the visa application so you may decide to get these done at the same time)·Certified copies of City & Guilds Certificates or Certified copy(s) of qualification(s)pertaining to your job. (Note: nothing is too trivial here, supply a copy of every single certificate that you have ever obtained to do with your trade)·Certified copy of employment reference(s)

·Certified copy(s) (signed by a Solicitor) of any Statutory Declaration(s) if necessary

IF SELF-EMPLOYED ….

·Certified copy of Accountant’s Reference

·Certified copies of at least 3 x client references

·Certified copies of at least 3 x wholesaler references

·Certified copies of bank account statements

·Certified copy of current Public Liability Insurance Certificate

·Certified copy of Business Bank Account Paying in Slip (see how even the most trivial things are worth sending copies of!!)·Certified copies of Inland Revenue Income Tax correspondence

·Certified copies of HM Customs and Excise correspondence

·Certified copy of a piece of your business headed paper

·Certified copy of one of your business card (we didn’t have any current business cards so I designed a single one and photocopied it – I’d be happy to do this for anyone else too - PM me the details)·Certified copy of C.I.S. Registration Card and/or any other details of trade memberships, etc

·The website address of your business (I can help you design a simple website with free hosting, PM me)·Any other relevant information such as details of companies that have gone into liquidation – details of these can usually be obtained from Companies House (http://www.companieshouse.gov.uk/)

Guest jonseywife

To the Colebecks.....

We have already done ours but just gotta say, how helpful are you! :)

Hope you hear the good news bout your visa's soon!!

Good Luck :wink:

Guest The.Colebecks
To the Colebecks.....

We have already done ours but just gotta say, how helpful are you! :)

Hope you hear the good news bout your visa's soon!!

Good Luck :wink:

Hi Jonesywife

Congrats on your TRA :)

I hope the above info will help someone. The TRA is such a daunting thing to compile.

Hugs

Karen x

Archived