2 x rabies jabs? essential?

Guest shiny21

Guest shiny21

I hope someone can help me. Our vet has charged us £50 for a rabies vacine for our chihuahua. They have told me it would be best for us to have 2 injections with a 2 week break to insure we get the result we need from the blood tests.

This will mean a cost of £100 for the vacine plus blood tests. Has anyone else been advised to have 2 vacines or has the 1 been enough.

I don't want to have to pay for a vacine that is unnecessary.:skeptical:

any help appreciated

I hope someone can help me. Our vet has charged us £50 for a rabies vacine for our chihuahua. They have told me it would be best for us to have 2 injections with a 2 week break to insure we get the result we need from the blood tests.

This will mean a cost of £100 for the vacine plus blood tests. Has anyone else been advised to have 2 vacines or has the 1 been enough.

I don't want to have to pay for a vacine that is unnecessary.:skeptical:

any help appreciated

I had 2 injections for both my dogs as this is what my vet advised but i have read on here their dogs only having 1 injection and passing the blood test, it's costly i know 340 pounds for my pets to be vaccinated and blood test. Weird how vets vary isn't it?:skeptical: