NT state sponsorship

sarvan01

Dear All,

I am having an positive skiils assesment as a mechanical engineering technician and recently applied for NT sponsorship with my wife and Kid unfortunately it was rejected by the state.

Below are the two reasons stated for rejection.

1. I have provided only few job reference related to my skiiled occupation

2. I dont have closed ties with Nt as i didnt provided any contacts in NT

I am thinking of re-applying and i would appriciate if some one can accept me as an friend and share your name and contact information to increase the chance of approval,I can promise you that your information will be kept confidential,If you need any of my information i am glad to share with you.

Thanks in Advance..

Edited by Ozmaniac
Changing title

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen

I am so sorry to hear of your refusal. I didn't know you had to have family or friends already in the state. I'm sure others would have failed on that. I wonder if they are wanting something else instead. I hope someone can help. Good luck

I am so sorry to hear of your refusal. I didn't know you had to have family or friends already in the state. I'm sure others would have failed on that. I wonder if they are wanting something else instead. I hope someone can help. Good luck

Thanks for reply Pom queen,so far none of them has replied to my thread expect you,but it has more than 75 visits and I didn't even got a single contact I don't understand why and I am very sad..may be they are thinking that I will start bothering them or they might have some bad experience before..let's keep fingers crossed and wait for another week..maybe their will be some kind hearted..meanwhile I am preparing the CDR for another anzsco code,I won't give up...

Thanks for reply Pom queen,so far none of them has replied to my thread expect you,but it has more than 75 visits and I didn't even got a single contact I don't understand why and I am very sad..may be they are thinking that I will start bothering them or they might have some bad experience before..let's keep fingers crossed and wait for another week..maybe their will be some kind hearted..meanwhile I am preparing the CDR for another anzsco code,I won't give up...

Let me help you out with that. Firstly there will be a smaller number of people in NT than other states, so it might just be that very few people living in NT have even seen your thread, the 75 that read it are not necessarily in NT. Well I am not for a start but I still read it. The other thing, and this is probably the big thing, is that most people don't like lying to authorities and would not want to be privy or connected to anything you make up on your application.

Yes pumpkin I will agree on your point,from my understanding Nt need some friends or relatives reference to make sure that you will stay there after your visa approval and I have read in some other thread in our forum even though you gave the reference they didn't even called them to check..the commitment statement is fully given by me and it has nothing to talk about our friends..its only in the nt state sponsorship application..I am ready to answer their questions to make them comfortable before sharing their informations..

Yes pumpkin I will agree on your point,from my understanding Nt need some friends or relatives reference to make sure that you will stay there after your visa approval and I have read in some other thread in our forum even though you gave the reference they didn't even called them to check..the commitment statement is fully given by me and it has nothing to talk about our friends..its only in the nt state sponsorship application..I am ready to answer their questions to make them comfortable before sharing their informations..

Hi

I really empathise with your situation but personally, I couldn't claim to be a friend of someone I don't know or have never met.

I do wish you luck with your application - perhaps a migration agent might be able to guide you in this process!

Sorry to hear about this. I myself recently applied for NT SS and I didn't mention any ties to the NT in my application. Still very hopeful anyway...

Here's what you can do...

Try contacting potential employers in the NT via email. You can ask about the employment situation in your occupation/industry. Be professional, ask only what's related to your employability. Hopefully you will get a couple of positive responses. Who knows you may even get a job offer. Then include your email correspondence in your application as an attachment. This should make the NT people know your seriousness and hopefully get you a grant.

Generally speaking, work on all aspects of your NT SS application especially the commitment statement. I'd also get more job adverts that makes a stronger case for my employability.

Good luck next time.

NB: which occupation do you want to assess for again?

Edited by mcadam

Hi

I really empathise with your situation but personally, I couldn't claim to be a friend of someone I don't know or have never met.

I do wish you luck with your application - perhaps a migration agent might be able to guide you in this process!

Hi Lucharmily..

Thanks for your reply, i can understand,I should think in others position too..my migration agent is dumb, he just asked me to wait until other states revise their list,personally i don't think other states will offer my anzsco code.i will follow mcadcam advice and going to re apply in NT..

Sorry to hear about this. I myself recently applied for NT SS and I didn't mention any ties to the NT in my application. Still very hopeful anyway...

Here's what you can do...

Try contacting potential employers in the NT via email. You can ask about the employment situation in your occupation/industry. Be professional, ask only what's related to your employability. Hopefully you will get a couple of positive responses. Who knows you may even get a job offer. Then include your email correspondence in your application as an attachment. This should make the NT people know your seriousness and hopefully get you a grant.

Generally speaking, work on all aspects of your NT SS application especially the commitment statement. I'd also get more job adverts that makes a stronger case for my employability.

Good luck next time.

NB: which occupation do you want to assess for again?

Hi Mcadam,

I really appreciate your advice and this seems to be valid,Even my agent doesn't have this sense, i will start contacting the employers and i will spend more time to fine tune my statement to make it lively and serious.

I am in R&D department and my job scope involves design,build and assembling of pilot units for testing ,I got my degree three years back, so thinking of choosing mechanical engineer or technologist,But this is also risky as i will loose all my 8 years of previous experience..i have to overcome this by putting more efforts to increase my ielts from overall band of 7 to individual 7..

All the best for your application.

Hi Mcadam,

I really appreciate your advice and this seems to be valid,Even my agent doesn't have this sense, i will start contacting the employers and i will spend more time to fine tune my statement to make it lively and serious.

I am in R&D department and my job scope involves design,build and assembling of pilot units for testing ,I got my degree three years back, so thinking of choosing mechanical engineer or technologist,But this is also risky as i will loose all my 8 years of previous experience..i have to overcome this by putting more efforts to increase my ielts from overall band of 7 to individual 7..

All the best for your application.

Thanks for the wishes...

From what you wrote, I gather you have a positive assessment and you're claiming points for employment to compensate for IELTS.

If you get assessed for Mechanical Engineer, this occupation will lead you to only VIC (Melbourne) as the only other state sending invites for this occupation presently is NT. And you will also need to rewrite IELTS like you mentioned. I also don't expect any states to revise their lists and include my occupation. I'd rather make do with what's available RIGHT NOW!

So decide wisely what's best for you.

Best wishes.

Edited by mcadam

Thanks for the wishes...

From what you wrote, I gather you have a positive assessment and you're claiming points for employment to compensate for IELTS.

If you get assessed for Mechanical Engineer, this occupation will lead you to only VIC (Melbourne) as the only other state sending invites for this occupation presently is NT. And you will also need to rewrite IELTS like you mentioned. I also don't expect any states to revise their lists and include my occupation. I'd rather make do with what's available RIGHT NOW!

So decide wisely what's best for you.

Best wishes.

Yes Mcadam, I will try re-applying first before i do the re-assessment..correct me if i am wrong to my understanding, if the occupation is in sol we no need to look for state sponsor as long as we have 60 points in EOI..but the duration to receive invite may be longer based on scores (higher scores will be in top list) with limited number of invitations per month..

Thanks again for your initiative and wise advices which shreds light to my process..

Cheers mate..

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Saravan, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was "Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs." This is shocking! Well I guess with that comment I'm done now with the NT...

Just thought I should share. You still got a chance with the reasons they gave you so best wishes mate...

Hi Saravan, I finally got a verdict on my SS application. NT Government SS was denied. Their only reason was "Your skills and experience related to your nominated occupation are not in line with NT employer’s needs." This is shocking! Well I guess with that comment I'm done now with the NT...

Just thought I should share. You still got a chance with the reasons they gave you so best wishes mate...

Hi mcadam

Its sad to hear this mate,Dont worry if one door is closed god will defenitely open the other one, I also didnt tried re-applying and still contacting the employers to get some positive reply,dont give up and try to find other options i think i no neeed to advice you as your approach is far better than me,Cheers...

Hi mcadam

Its sad to hear this mate,Dont worry if one door is closed god will defenitely open the other one, I also didnt tried re-applying and still contacting the employers to get some positive reply,dont give up and try to find other options i think i no neeed to advice you as your approach is far better than me,Cheers...

Thanks a lot dude. God bless. I won't give up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarvan01,

I previously looked at NT for SS under 190 and found that the state hardly approve a visa under 190 if you don't have family/ friends in NT. They generally put you through on the 489 visa which is pemp for 4 years.

Having read your thread above, it might be adviseable to re-check your statement and also providing job roles which relate to your occupation.

Such a shame it got rejected, good luck and hopefully iy gets approved when you submit again

Hi Sarvan01,

I previously looked at NT for SS under 190 and found that the state hardly approve a visa under 190 if you don't have family/ friends in NT. They generally put you through on the 489 visa which is pemp for 4 years.

Having read your thread above, it might be adviseable to re-check your statement and also providing job roles which relate to your occupation.

Such a shame it got rejected, good luck and hopefully iy gets approved when you submit again

Dear NeelD,

Thanks for your suggestion,did you applied for the NT and they downgraded to 489?,Because like you said most of them has got 489 even though they applied for 190.Hope atleast with re-application they consider me for 489.

All the best for your process..

Hi Sarvan01,

No we didn't apply for NT after as with 489 there are restrictions on the medicals. Are you able to apply for 190 in a different state? We applied for ACT and got the SS from there. Just waiting for the grant now.

If you need assistance with the documents let me know as I applied for the application myself.

Dear Neeld,

Firstly Thanks a lot to come forward to help me,actually my occupation is currently sponsored by nt and Tasmania only and I don't have other options than Nt as Tasmania needs job offer..so I am struct..let's wait and see if other states are opening,meanwhile I will reapply on October after my business trip..