Exchange Rate

Guest nigellr

Guest nigellr

The Pound has gained against the Aussie Dollar over the last few days ,just over 2.11 today.Any experts on here who can give reasons for the sudden improvement.Bring out the crystal ball ,and tell whats going to happen with the rate!!!!

Definition of an expert.

An ex is a has been and a spert is an annoying drip of water.

Sorry, couldn't help in.

On a more serious note, that's good news for my rellies coming out but not so good if i'm going back in September:no::no:

The Pound has gained against the Aussie Dollar over the last few days ,just over 2.11 today.Any experts on here who can give reasons for the sudden improvement.Bring out the crystal ball ,and tell whats going to happen with the rate!!!!

Aussie economy is mainly influenced by the commodities market. With a massive global demand at present particularly from China, Australia serves as a huge coal/iron ore/gold/zinc/copper/etc mine for the world.

Price of oil just fell therefore the price of energy per gigajewel and ultimatey coal fell, making the AU$ a bit weaker, but don't hold your breath. Price for a schooner of XXXX still about two quid. :yes:

This is good if you earn Aussie$ at the moment but can very quickly change back the other way (remember 2002- 1 GBP= AUD 2.9)

Archived