CSL - Accountants

OzDreamSeekers

Hi everybody

Its been a turbulent time of late, havent been on here for what seems like ages...ho hum.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the start of spring.

Get to the point, I hear you ask.

As an accountant who has sat the IELTS test and acheived over the specified number of points/result, one assumes that I will sit squarely on the CSL (my heart truly goes out to everyone who isnt on that list!).

However, and its a big one....the way I read the CSL 16/3 is as follows:

Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)

This means I must have sat the Professional Year - Skilled Migration Internship Program....does it not?

Someone tell me I am not insane - my reading is correct (I realise that puts me on the MODL rather than CSL, but just confirmation would be good...

Thanks in advance

Adam

Guest bentkitty

I am an accountant and got scores higher than 7 in IELTS, havent done SIMPA and I am still on the CSL, and in fact got my CO assigned a couple of weeks ago. The word OR is operative here - IELTS or SIMPA (or both if you have it). I am hoping a migration agent can confirm this, but given I only just got assigned my CO seems to confirm that just IELTS plus accounting institute assessment is sufficient.

Guest bentkitty

Adam - also you should send a message to the processing centre confirming that you are an accountant with IELTS above 7, so can they include you in the CSL processing queue. My agent did that and two weeks later I got my CO assigned and bizarrely enough that was a requirement stated on the first version of the CSL (pre 16 mar changes) ie you should warn the processing centre that you are on the CSL. Seems bonkers that the onus is on you to point out you are on the CSL, and they have singled out the accountants for that for some bizarre reason!!

Adam - also you should send a message to the processing centre confirming that you are an accountant with IELTS above 7, so can they include you in the CSL processing queue. My agent did that and two weeks later I got my CO assigned and bizarrely enough that was a requirement stated on the first version of the CSL (pre 16 mar changes) ie you should warn the processing centre that you are on the CSL. Seems bonkers that the onus is on you to point out you are on the CSL, and they have singled out the accountants for that for some bizarre reason!!

Hi Bentkitty,

Thanks for that, I have already notified them that I have passed the IELTS test, they even confirmed it a while back.

I am confused about the point re the Internship Program. The new CSL post 16 March does seem to state that the applicant must have completed the course....maybe I am misreading it.....but its the and/or statement which is niggling me!

If it said 'OR' alone I would not mind. cos thats easy! lol

Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am taking it too literally.....fingers are crossed.

Thanks anyway

All the best with your application.

Adam

I am an accountant and got scores higher than 7 in IELTS, havent done SIMPA and I am still on the CSL, and in fact got my CO assigned a couple of weeks ago. The word OR is operative here - IELTS or SIMPA (or both if you have it). I am hoping a migration agent can confirm this, but given I only just got assigned my CO seems to confirm that just IELTS plus accounting institute assessment is sufficient.

He he he - just read your first post.......I agree the OR statement is fundamental. its just that sneaky AND statement which got to me.

I am clearly being paranoid.... :rolleyes:

All the best

Adam

Edited - Also very funny that I pass IELTS with a score of 9 and cannot cope with a simple AND/OR statement - gotta see the funny side - lol

Guest bentkitty
Hi Bentkitty,

Thanks for that, I have already notified them that I have passed the IELTS test, they even confirmed it a while back

Adam not to belabour the point but just to point out that you have passed IELTS may not be sufficient, you should point out that you are an accountant AND you have >7 in IELTS so can they please process you as a CSL applicant' There was no movement in my visa until my agent spotted the smallprint on the CSL list and notified them re: this. YOu may just get a faster response.

Just read this on Alan Colletts GM site:

Revision to Requirements

Accountant (ASCO Code 2211-11) - for permanent and provisional visa sponsorship: now requires IELTS score of 7 overall (with at least 6.0 in each Band) and 3 years work experience as an Accountant

Guest bentkitty

Revision to Requirements

Accountant (ASCO Code 2211-11) - for permanent and provisional visa sponsorship: now requires IELTS score of 7 overall (with at least 6.0 in each Band) and 3 years work experience as an Accountant

The 3 year work experience is minimum you need to be qualified as 'accountant', all part of the assessment of the profession in the first place. So nothing really new here I dont think

Guest bentkitty

Revision to Requirements

Julzcary, just wanted to have a look at this myself, whereabouts on Go Matilda site did you see this post? I suspect it would be dated back to January but just wanted to doublecheck

Edit: Ignore request, found it on the recent sticky post from Alan on SA list. Note that these revisions are revisions to South Australia state sponsored program and not the wider CSL s175 visa, but thanks for flagging, appreciate it

Does anybody know if the 3 years work experience is pre or post qualified experience. I seem to be going round and round in circles getting different responses from different people. I don't actually qualify until the end of this year as an ACA (although all exams are passed). Some agents tell me you must have 12 months post qualification, Alan from Go Matilda has told me pre-qualification experience counts and I am soooooooo confused!!!!!!

My eldest son is now 9 and if we are going to go to Oz I really want to do it before he reaches secondary school so basically the sooner the better.

At the moment I feel like just giving up on the idea as I think by the time they will accept my qualification or experience I will probably be turning 50 (I am 30 now!!!!!!).

Has anyone else experienced mixed messages??????

Anza

I doubt you will get a conclusive answer on this issue, as I didn't when I asked DIAC Central Office a year or so ago.

I therefore base my advice on what we have experienced in practice when assisting accountant clients with their visa applications, and in particular the threshold recent work experience issue and the points claimed for specific work experience.

The key is the quality of the employment references. If these confirm that the duties of the employment over the relevant period/s are those of a skilled Accountant you can reasonably anticipate a positive response to your claims.

Indeed, all of our Accountant clients have been successful when applying for the grant of skilled visas within 12 months of successfully completing professional exams and becoming members of a UK professional accounting body.

Best regards.

The 3 year work experience is minimum you need to be qualified as 'accountant', all part of the assessment of the profession in the first place. So nothing really new here I dont think

Hi all,

I was going to apply for 175 as accountant as I have 3+ years experience in a closely related occupation (financial investment advisor...as per Immi gov) so this would seem like a change now as the experience needs to actually be as an accountant...maybe Im missing something here...

Anyway change of plan, we are now going for 176 NSW SS for financial investment advisor. Better get it in before that changes too!!!!

Karl

Guest Janeloz

Hi

We are applying on a 175. My hubby is a CIMA accountant (commerical analyst) with 6 years post qualified experience. We were originally going to submit our application as soon as his skills assessment comes back, but he is also taking the IELTS test on April 18th, so we are now wondering whether we should wait until the end of April when he will have the test results in to apply so that he can go straight onto the CSL pile rather than just the MODL pile and then have to inform them that he passed the IELTS test and get him moved onto the CSL pile at a later date.

Does that make sense??:cute:

Jane

Guest AlisonC
Hi everybody

Its been a turbulent time of late, havent been on here for what seems like ages...ho hum.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the start of spring.

Get to the point, I hear you ask.

As an accountant who has sat the IELTS test and acheived over the specified number of points/result, one assumes that I will sit squarely on the CSL (my heart truly goes out to everyone who isnt on that list!).

However, and its a big one....the way I read the CSL 16/3 is as follows:

Accountant -- where the applicant has achieved a score of at least IELTS 7 in each of the four competencies, and/or has completed The Professional Year – Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA)

This means I must have sat the Professional Year - Skilled Migration Internship Program....does it not?

Someone tell me I am not insane - my reading is correct (I realise that puts me on the MODL rather than CSL, but just confirmation would be good...

Thanks in advance

Adam

Hello Adam. After reading your message I decided to call Adelaide direct & confirm CSL status. EVENTUALLY @ 5.30am this morning I got through to an operator. After his review of my application he agreed that I qualify as a CSL status & has now put my case forward for case officer referal. I just assumed that the allocation would be automatic as I filed the application on line - but this is NOT the case?!!

I am a FCCA & IELTS but I have NOT completed the Skilled Migration Internship Program Accounting (SMIPA).

Hope this helps!

Alison

Guest AlisonC
Hi

We are applying on a 175. My hubby is a CIMA accountant (commerical analyst) with 6 years post qualified experience. We were originally going to submit our application as soon as his skills assessment comes back, but he is also taking the IELTS test on April 18th, so we are now wondering whether we should wait until the end of April when he will have the test results in to apply so that he can go straight onto the CSL pile rather than just the MODL pile and then have to inform them that he passed the IELTS test and get him moved onto the CSL pile at a later date.

Does that make sense??:cute:

Jane

Hello Jane,

The statement from the Australian immigration site is that they are allocating case officers to CSL applicants in order of application date. However, your husband should receive his test results by the first week in May so the period of time you have to forfeit is very short anyhow.

If I were you I would scan all of your documents & complete the form online. That in itself is time consuming! Then when you receive the IELTS results you can file & pay that day as a CSL applicant.

If you apply now you will only go to the MODL applicants & you will then have to inform them of your upgrade once you file your IELTS........... I thought this would be automatic, but after my discussion with Adelaide this morning I have now discovered that it is not!

Hope this helps

Alison

• 7 years later...

Hi All,

Is there anyone who has cleared skill assessment for NOC code

2211 (General Accountant) with just B.Com Pass and MBA Finance (both from

India-DU) qualifications?

I have seen lots of posts which indicates that

only CAs gets positive skill assessment, and now I am doubtful whether to

proceed with my application with only B.Com and MBA.

I would appreciate

if anyone can help me clearing my doubts.

Thanks

Archived