General or Academic IELTS?

Guest loufy

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help clarify something regarding the IELTS?

I'm a nurse and have had my skills assessed and am registered with the ANMC. Hubby and I are still 5 points short on our visa application so I'm going to do the IELTS for the extra points. Really looking forward to that! Not!!

The question I have is, which do I need to take, the general or academic test? I've just spoken to somebody at the ANMC who said that because I've already had my skills assessed by them that as far as they are concerned it's just the general I need to sit. However the guy I spoke to at the local IELTS centre suggested that I'd have to do the academic.

I know I should just take the ANMC's word for it but I'd just like to be reassured that all I need to do is the general test. Call me over cautious but you know what it's like :wacko:

Thanks,

Lou

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help clarify something regarding the IELTS?

I'm a nurse and have had my skills assessed and am registered with the ANMC. Hubby and I are still 5 points short on our visa application so I'm going to do the IELTS for the extra points. Really looking forward to that! Not!!

The question I have is, which do I need to take, the general or academic test? I've just spoken to somebody at the ANMC who said that because I've already had my skills assessed by them that as far as they are concerned it's just the general I need to sit. However the guy I spoke to at the local IELTS centre suggested that I'd have to do the academic.

I know I should just take the ANMC's word for it but I'd just like to be reassured that all I need to do is the general test. Call me over cautious but you know what it's like :wacko:

Thanks,

Lou

The General Training Module.

All the best

Westly Russell

Registered Migration Agent

Number 0316072

http://www.pinoyau.com/

Archived