Australian Citizen by Descent

karenstretton

Guest HelenaBooth
My husband is applying for Australian Citizenship by Descent, once he has this will i be able to get a permanent visa ? We currently live in the UK but are desperate to live in Australia where all my family are but have been unable to qualify for other visas.

Hello!

My OH had one of these, got his visa in about a week of applying, had to go to London, I think you can only do it up until about the age of 30? But I might have totally made that up! (please don’t quote me!)

I married him and got my spouse visa in about 3 weeks J

He has dual nationality now with two passports, he is a perm resident by decent, I am on a spouse visa

xx

Thanks for the response, we are both in our forties, so hope that will not pose a problem. What kind of visa did your husband need to get? We've been married for 11 years so I hope that will make my visa quite straight forward. Did you get a permanent spouse visa?

Guest HelenaBooth
Thanks for the response, we are both in our forties, so hope that will not pose a problem. What kind of visa did your husband need to get? We've been married for 11 years so I hope that will make my visa quite straight forward. Did you get a permanent spouse visa?

Hi

My husband got a full perminant visa from being Ozzy by decent, he has a full Ozzy passport. Didnt take very long at all to get! couple of weeks

I got a TEMP spouse visa pretty quickly also!

But I can not have a PERM visa until 4 years I think

Its one of the quickest visas, but you still have to have police and medical checks!

We are both in our twenties.

xx

Archived