Cover letter and how and where to send it all ?

The Butlers

Hi All

We have just finished our resume (had some help from our ossie friends) but now need to do the cover letter.

What sort of things would you advise would help, in the cover letter.

We will be applying for plastering or roofing jobs but of course will be needing them to sponsor us, so how do you go about asking for them to sponsor you.

Did you ring people or did you just e-mail the companies and what was the out come.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Emma and gang :jiggy:

Guest nikki6999

Hi Emma and gang! Cant help you with this, but will be watching this thread closely myself, trying to help a friend do the same thing.... I need to help him do up a resume and I am also wondering what to put in a covering letter asking for sponsorship :unsure: as I wanted to email/post some requests off to agencies and companies.....

Anyone have a resume and cover letter setup they would like to share :yes::cute:

Hi All

We have just finished our resume (had some help from our ossie friends) but now need to do the cover letter.

What sort of things would you advise would help, in the cover letter.

We will be applying for plastering or roofing jobs but of course will be needing them to sponsor us, so how do you go about asking for them to sponsor you.

Did you ring people or did you just e-mail the companies and what was the out come.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Emma and gang :jiggy:

Hello,

Before we applied for our 176 visa, we were going to try and go down the 457 sponsorship. We contacted a recruitment agency in Perth and sent our resumes down. Also applied to loads of jobs on seek.com.au and sent off random emails attaching OH's resume and a cover letter stating that we were looking for 457 Sponsorship.

Well as you can see, we have now changed tatics and decided to go down the State Sponsorship route. This is going nicely for us.

We did not have much luck with applying for jobs in Australia from Canada. Alot of the smaller companies will not even touch you unless you are living in Australia. They do not have the 457's in play. Some of the larger companies would probably be able to sponser under the 457.

I do know of some people on here who were offered jobs. I and I think that there is a recuritment agency that specializes in getting people from the UK jobs on a 457.

I am sure that if Gill reads this post, he can assist you better than myself and even provide you with the links.

Best of luck with your plans in Australia.

Karen

Archived