Citizenship application

Suzukiscottie

Just to make sure Ive got this right.....

Family of 5, 3 kids aged 20, 18 and 15.

So that would be 4 individual citizenship applications and the 15 year old would be listed on either of the parents application?

If its all done online, then all 4 over 18 would need to apply individually on their own immi account? Its only me so far who has an immi account and the whole family were listed as involved persons on previous applications for visas. So i'd need to get my wife and 2 of the kids to create their own immi account.

Im thinking it might be just as easy to do it all on the paper application since it'll get all of the paperwork done and out of the way at one time, rather than continually chase two of the kids, continually asking them "have you done it yet?"!!!

cheers

Scott

I applied online about a year ago, I didn't have to create an immi account though. I just applied, well if I did create an immi account then it was certainly without my knowledge and I wouldn't let it put you off the online application. It was extremely simple online form to fill in.

I applied online about a year ago, I didn't have to create an immi account though. I just applied, well if I did create an immi account then it was certainly without my knowledge and I wouldn't let it put you off the online application. It was extremely simple online form to fill in.

Its all routed through your immi account now. 36 pages to go through; luckily lots of the info required can be lifted straight from my PR application (dates in and out of the country, dates of previous addresses etc).

Rather than finding time to force the two eldest kids to sit down and create an account and then watch over their shoulder to make sure the application is done right, I just thought it might be easier to fill out all the paperwork at once and then get the kids to sign it! :-)

Its all routed through your immi account now. 36 pages to go through; luckily lots of the info required can be lifted straight from my PR application (dates in and out of the country, dates of previous addresses etc).

Rather than finding time to force the two eldest kids to sit down and create an account and then watch over their shoulder to make sure the application is done right, I just thought it might be easier to fill out all the paperwork at once and then get the kids to sign it! :-)

It has changed in the last year? Why don't you do the online version for your children if you would do the paper version for them? I am sure I did both our online applications, because these things are always left to me in our house ..

• 2 months later...
Guest dubsydney

Hi @ Suzukiscottie I agree with you to do paper application,we are on the same boat.

I have a 19 year old son and I am the one who is worried about the application.

I am a bit of confused about immi account. Anybody here can enlighten me and which is faster paper or online application?

thanks ...

The speed of the application is fairly irrelevant. You are still contacted by post regarding your interview and citizenship test date. Then the approval letter is also by post (assuming you pass). Then after that it's all in the hands of your local council for a ceremony date.

So there is plenty of "waiting time".

The speed of the application is fairly irrelevant. You are still contacted by post regarding your interview and citizenship test date. Then the approval letter is also by post (assuming you pass). Then after that it's all in the hands of your local council for a ceremony date.

So there is plenty of "waiting time".

I got intimation of my test date via email.

Hello there , sorry for jumping on this thread , but not sure how to post .

Can our 17 year old daughter get citizenship the same time as my husband who has been here 4 years. She will not be in Oz for 4 years until Jan ? Appreciate any info

It depends on how long she has been out of Australia. She must not have been out of Australia for more than 12 months in the 4 years and no more than 90 days in the 12 months prior to application

She is in Australia. My husband has been here 4 years past beg of Oct. My daughters and myself arrived Jan 12. My 15 yo can go under my husbands application, 17 yo has to complete different form , but not sure if she is eligible to apply now or wait til Jan ?

She is in Australia. My husband has been here 4 years past beg of Oct. My daughters and myself arrived Jan 12. My 15 yo can go under my husbands application, 17 yo has to complete different form , but not sure if she is eligible to apply now or wait til Jan ?

She needs four years, not quite sure why you think it could be otherwise? Did she validate earlier or something?