Rsms 857 Visa, few questions - Please help

mystikallz

24th , June /2012

Hi Everone

I have submitted RSMS on 21st June /2012 at Immigration office Melbourne , on same day my employer sent papers to Regional certifying body .

• I have submitted my receipt of medical done on 12/11/11 ( at the time of submitiing TR Visa) , are these valid , even after case officer allotted after expiry of medicals .
  • On my job offer letter its going to start from October - so two years is counted from the date of my job offer or date i get my Visa approved.
  • How long its going take ?

Thanks in advance

Guest ginni

22 jan 2012 sumitted nomination rcb

23 jan 2012 approved

11 feb 2012 nomination submitted paramatta

16 april 2012 approved by diac

11 april visa application sumitted

12 aril got ack letter with health checklist of kids

14 april medical done with the help of ehealth

23 april medical finalized

now waiting for grant ......

24th , June /2012

Hi Everone

I have submitted RSMS on 21st June /2012 at Immigration office Melbourne , on same day my employer sent papers to Regional certifying body .

• I have submitted my receipt of medical done on 12/11/11 ( at the time of submitiing TR Visa) , are these valid , even after case officer allotted after expiry of medicals .

• On my job offer letter its going to start from October - so two years is counted from the date of my job offer or date i get my Visa approved.

• How long its going take ?

Thanks in advance

I have same questions. As you, Please any 1 reply.

Edited by asjad

Guest myaccessaustralia

Hi

The two year requirement is just that the role needs to be available for you for two years - so that is two years from whenever you commence employment. If you are already in the role, then its two years from the date of grant. But, if approved, you get PR. So in practicality, you can leave your employer before the two years is up, and your employer can also dismiss you - you can only really raise an issue if you are dismissed before the 2 years is up if there is some sort of fraud (e.g. there is evidence that your employer never intended to satisfy the undertaking that your position is available for 2 years)

Processing time? Very much up in the air right now. DIAC will be swamped with applications due to the 1 July changes (plus, case officers will need to be trained in relation to the changes) - I'm guessing 4-6 months, but that is seriously just a guess

Hi

The two year requirement is just that the role needs to be available for you for two years - so that is two years from whenever you commence employment. If you are already in the role, then its two years from the date of grant. But, if approved, you get PR. So in practicality, you can leave your employer before the two years is up, and your employer can also dismiss you - you can only really raise an issue if you are dismissed before the 2 years is up if there is some sort of fraud (e.g. there is evidence that your employer never intended to satisfy the undertaking that your position is available for 2 years)

Processing time? Very much up in the air right now. DIAC will be swamped with applications due to the 1 July changes (plus, case officers will need to be trained in relation to the changes) - I'm guessing 4-6 months, but that is seriously just a guess

Thanx for your reply,

I have started to work with my employer before 5 months, I hold 475 visa now. And just applied for 857 visa. Contract letter start date from 26 January 12

so, I have to work with this employer Upto 25 January 14?

Or two years after 857 visa grant?

Thanks in advance.

Medical wise, did you have the blood tests for your temp visa? If not then you will need new ones.

I called Medebank my TR medecals(yes they got my blood samples) are only valid for 6 months , bit frustrating they , now i have go through all again ..

It is two years from the visa grant if you are already working there.

I have decided to withdraw my application... Because if it takes more then 8 months to grant.

I have to spend 2 years and 8 months plus 6months which I have already spent in regional area.

I will be able to apply for PR after only one and half year, without any obligation.

So its not a good deal. In my point of view

Anyway thanks for reply

I am currently on 475 visa. And just applied for 857 visa.

due to delay I am going to withdraw my recent 857 application.

Can any 1 tell me. Does it effect to my 475 visa?

Or still I will have obligation of 2 years employment with same employer, because reginal certifying body has approved my employers nomination application for me?

Thanks

Edited by asjad

• 1 month later...
Hi

Hi all,

I have been with my employer for 10 months now and my application for the rsms 857 visa was lodged and sponsored by them 10 months ago, i am still waiting on approval from the DIAC. However the lodgment was rushed as there wasnt much time before my previous visa expired, so my visa was lodged without the supporting evidence which followed soon after. I wasnt working with my current employer (sponsor) when my applicatlion was lodged.

• My first question is when is my 2 year period compleated?

The reason i ask this question is because i am not getting on with my employer and it is really affecting me when im not at work, this leads me to my second question.

• Is there any clause that will allow me to leave my employer early without effecting my visa/ PR?

I feel that i have given alot to my company and they agree my work is excellent but the working environment e.g. other staff inc manager is very poor. its only a small office but apart of a larger national organisation so there isnt a way i can move office with out me and my partner moving to another state! We came to Australia to live in the one we are in now.

Any help would be much appreciated as im feeling quite irritated about it and would like to know what my options are.

Thanks in advance,

The two years starts from the day the visa was issued if you were already working there at the time. Or if the visa was issued before you started working, two years from when you started.

If you have a search for rsms finishing before two years there are a lot of discussions already.

Guest jacob88
Hi all,

I have been with my employer for 10 months now and my application for the rsms 857 visa was lodged and sponsored by them 10 months ago, i am still waiting on approval from the DIAC. However the lodgment was rushed as there wasnt much time before my previous visa expired, so my visa was lodged without the supporting evidence which followed soon after. I wasnt working with my current employer (sponsor) when my applicatlion was lodged.

• My first question is when is my 2 year period compleated?

The reason i ask this question is because i am not getting on with my employer and it is really affecting me when im not at work, this leads me to my second question.

• Is there any clause that will allow me to leave my employer early without effecting my visa/ PR?

I feel that i have given alot to my company and they agree my work is excellent but the

working environment e.g. other staff inc manager is very poor. its only a small office but apart of a larger national organisation so there isnt a way i can move office with out me and my partner moving to another state! We came to Australia to live in the one we are in now.

Any help would be much appreciated as im feeling quite irritated about it and would like to know what my options are.

Thanks in advance,

So ur visa is not granted even u wait almost 1 year?