Someone please help me

Guest cowoala

Guest cowoala

Hi there,

Can I ask anyone please advice on how to prove our relationship? I have sent in my 175 application offshore PR application on 31 May 2012, Yesterday a case officer ask me to submit more information to prove our relationship from 31 May 2011 to 31 May 2012.I am a Malaysian work in Australia and my husband is a Canadian , currently work in South Korea as a Teacher. We just got married on 10 May 2012, ending our long distance relationship of 4 years.

Because we live apart, we do not have anything together, no joint bank account, no insurance under each other's name. We spent everyday talking to each other on Skype using web cam to chat. I am currently on Unpaid leave approved by my current employer so that I can spend some quality time with my husband in South Korea where he is an English teacher. What kind of prove I can provide to proof our relationship ? We truly love each other and spent 4 long years protecting this long distance relationship, talking to each other everyday. Can I put together travel itineraries that we visited each other from 31 May 2011 to 31 May 2012 to show that we are in a committed relationship, also pictures taken within this time frame? Our wedding is also within the time frame, we can put in pictures of our wedding ?

I really don't know what should I put up to them:(

Hi there,

Can I ask anyone please advice on how to prove our relationship? I have sent in my 175 application offshore PR application on 31 May 2012, Yesterday a case officer ask me to submit more information to prove our relationship from 31 May 2011 to 31 May 2012.I am a Malaysian work in Australia and my husband is a Canadian , currently work in South Korea as a Teacher. We just got married on 10 May 2012, ending our long distance relationship of 4 years.

Because we live apart, we do not have anything together, no joint bank account, no insurance under each other's name. We spent everyday talking to each other on Skype using web cam to chat. I am currently on Unpaid leave approved by my current employer so that I can spend some quality time with my husband in South Korea where he is an English teacher. What kind of prove I can provide to proof our relationship ? We truly love each other and spent 4 long years protecting this long distance relationship, talking to each other everyday. Can I put together travel itineraries that we visited each other from 31 May 2011 to 31 May 2012 to show that we are in a committed relationship, also pictures taken within this time frame? Our wedding is also within the time frame, we can put in pictures of our wedding ?

It seems to be tough. Keep this thread on top for u.

Hi there,

Hi there,

You can provide them with your travel itineraries visiting each other, photos of wedding and other photos, copy of wedding invitation card, statement from friends and relative that they have known you both for long and that your relationship is genuine, you and your partner both can make statutory declaration about your relationship, copies of few chats and of course marriage certificate. I guess all these would be enough for them.

Guest cowoala
Hi there,

You can provide them with your travel itineraries visiting each other, photos of wedding and other photos, copy of wedding invitation card, statement from friends and relative that they have known you both for long and that your relationship is genuine, you and your partner both can make statutory declaration about your relationship, copies of few chats and of course marriage certificate. I guess all these would be enough for them.

Can I know what is the difference of statement and statutory Declaration? Because we are in a Foreign country where very little people speak English, getting things done is a bit tricky. If it is a statement, do we need to sign in front of a lawyer?

Can I know what is the difference of statement and statutory Declaration? Because we are in a Foreign country where very little people speak English, getting things done is a bit tricky. If it is a statement, do we need to sign in front of a lawyer?

Statutory declaration is signed and sealed by a lawyer or JP ( Justice of peace) or any other authorised witness in your country. I think you should try going for statutory declaration first, but if you can't get it, go ahead with statement from you and your partner.

Hi there,

Proof of financial transactions between the two of you (bank statements), receipts for presents to each other (or bank statements showing that)... anything that shows connection between the two of you.

Have you organised your wills yet?? Are your beneficiaries of each other's superannuation (pension) fund? I've read that the wills are good evidence and you can write them on your own and then just have them certified (or whatever it takes in your country to make them legal)...

Guest cowoala
Proof of financial transactions between the two of you (bank statements), receipts for presents to each other (or bank statements showing that)... anything that shows connection between the two of you.

Have you organised your wills yet?? Are your beneficiaries of each other's superannuation (pension) fund? I've read that the wills are good evidence and you can write them on your own and then just have them certified (or whatever it takes in your country to make them legal)...

We will try to compile everything we have to show them our relationship is genuine and on going. Is there a particular format that I should put everything together, should i start with where , how and when we first met ? In point form or story? We will also try to ask some close family and friends to produce a statutory Declaration as well.

Hi Cowoala,

check out the Partner Migration booklet: http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm/ and the evidence that proves a genuine and continuing relationship. This Partner Migration booklet is meant for partner visa applications, but I'm sure you can follow these instructions on evidence. In the private message I'll send you an example of what should be included in your statutory declarations...

All the best!

Hi there,

I would suggest obtaining some professional assistance as this is not a straightforward matter.

The relevant points based on your post are that you have never lived together as a couple, have no joint commitments and were married 3 weeks before you lodged a visa application.

Simply being married is not enough as you need to prove that the relationship is genuine and on going.

Guest cowoala
I would suggest obtaining some professional assistance as this is not a straightforward matter.

The relevant points based on your post are that you have never lived together as a couple, have no joint commitments and were married 3 weeks before you lodged a visa application.

Simply being married is not enough as you need to prove that the relationship is genuine and on going.

Thank you, we will look into it.

Archived