State Sponsorship after Skill Select

Guest rainbowcoffee

Guest rainbowcoffee

To all,

How will the process of getting state sponsorship be in the new Skill Select? Do you still apply to your selected state or you wait for the state to invite you too?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

so how about the process of state nomination mentioned in states, it is not obligatory to pass them, like sending resume, filling declaration and fees...??? just during the process of EOI should be express the state sponsorship????

You can still reach out to the states for applying for state sponsorship and they have their own skill demand list against which you would be evaluated. I did the same and they had evaluated and asked for my EOI number in return. Then the EOI # was sent to DIAC by the state and I had got the "Apply visa" button enabled against 190 category.

You can still reach out to the states for applying for state sponsorship and they have their own skill demand list against which you would be evaluated. I did the same and they had evaluated and asked for my EOI number in return. Then the EOI # was sent to DIAC by the state and I had got the "Apply visa" button enabled against 190 category.

Can i just ask how many points did you have?

As we have applied for Vic SS on a 190 but only have 55 points as i made a mistake on my hubbys EOI and lost 5 points (only to be told the day after we submitted our SS) Do you think he will get an invite? i think deep down i know he wont! He is waiting for his IELTS results for the 3rd time 8's are needed for the 5 points to take us back to 60....Had 60 on the 489 temp, half of me wishes i had just gone for that with the SS.......

Can i just ask how many points did you have?

As we have applied for Vic SS on a 190 but only have 55 points as i made a mistake on my hubbys EOI and lost 5 points (only to be told the day after we submitted our SS) Do you think he will get an invite? i think deep down i know he wont! He is waiting for his IELTS results for the 3rd time 8's are needed for the 5 points to take us back to 60....Had 60 on the 489 temp, half of me wishes i had just gone for that with the SS.......

Have you corrected the EOI to reflect the 5 points you thought you have but don't? Only I read a thread that said if your points do not add up to those on the EOI it is an automatic visa rejection. I am sure you have done it, but in view of consequences, thought it was worth mentioning.

Have you corrected the EOI to reflect the 5 points you thought you have but don't? Only I read a thread that said if your points do not add up to those on the EOI it is an automatic visa rejection. I am sure you have done it, but in view of consequences, thought it was worth mentioning.

Yes we have corrected it and shows 55 points for 190 and 60 points for 489, we haven't heard if we have SS yet, so just hoping my hubby get his IELTS and we can get the extra points back that way.....we were in 2 minds whether to contact Vic SS and ask if we can change our 190 SS aplication to a 489???? not sure if they will allow this!

Any advice would be good on this please