Sponsorship question. Friend needs help

touch107fm

Hi Guys

My best mate need help with his sponsorship. He works in the construction industry and is not too keen on computers and doing research online for the sponsorship so he has asked me to help him out.

His story:

He has managed to find a really good company here in Sydney and they like him and his work, He works as a dogs man directing cranes he has some certs and ref from home. He has all the nessiary tickets which allow him to work legally in NSW. My mate asked the company if they would be willing to sponsor him and they have agreed but he would have to pay the costs etc. which he said he will. He is here on a working holiday visa and he worked in the fruit picking area for 6 months so he has a second year lined up as well.

He went to a seminar in Bondi and the girl he gave his information to the girl to follow up with him but he has not heard from her, not even a email. he has contacted her but nothing. I am guessing she was a migration lawyer of some sort.

Can any of you good folk please advise my friend on what he should do. The company he works for have left it in his hands to do. They will of course follow up with the legal documents etc. He is the sort of guy who would rather just pay someone to do it all for him.

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys

My best mate need help with his sponsorship. He works in the construction industry and is not too keen on computers and doing research online for the sponsorship so he has asked me to help him out.

His story:

He has managed to find a really good company here in Sydney and they like him and his work, He works as a dogs man directing cranes he has some certs and ref from home. He has all the nessiary tickets which allow him to work legally in NSW. My mate asked the company if they would be willing to sponsor him and they have agreed but he would have to pay the costs etc. which he said he will. He is here on a working holiday visa and he worked in the fruit picking area for 6 months so he has a second year lined up as well.

He went to a seminar in Bondi and the girl he gave his information to the girl to follow up with him but he has not heard from her, not even a email. he has contacted her but nothing. I am guessing she was a migration lawyer of some sort.

Can any of you good folk please advise my friend on what he should do. The company he works for have left it in his hands to do. They will of course follow up with the legal documents etc. He is the sort of guy who would rather just pay someone to do it all for him.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mate,

I assume he is looking for info on a 457, heres the link so he can check eligibility etc - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/ - and also the employer but I would probably recommend speaking to a migration agent if you/him/employer are unsure!! Most migration companies will give you some time and an initial assessment for free anyway, at least he would have an idea of his situation!!

Good luck

Archived