Spouse Visas - Anyone applied in Auckland recently?

Guest Happy1979

Guest Happy1979

Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had applied/been granted a spouse visa from New Zealand recently?

I submitted my PMV in Auckland a couple of weeks ago and have just received their confirmation letter stating that current processing is 6-12 months!!! I know processing isn't a quick as it used to be, but this still seems quite long! (I'm British if that makes a difference)

If anyone had been granted one quicker than this recently I would love to hear from you as I'm completly gutted right now :-(

Guest siamsusie
Hi Everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone had applied/been granted a spouse visa from New Zealand recently?

I submitted my PMV in Auckland a couple of weeks ago and have just received their confirmation letter stating that current processing is 6-12 months!!! I know processing isn't a quick as it used to be, but this still seems quite long! (I'm British if that makes a difference)

If anyone had been granted one quicker than this recently I would love to hear from you as I'm completly gutted right now :-(

De facto visas overseas seem to be along your quoted time frame Happy, although it is longer on shore.

You could always with your CO's approval take a visitors visa to Australia if your partner is residing here and go off shore to activate when the time comes.

Susiex

Guest Happy1979
De facto visas overseas seem to be along your quoted time frame Happy, although it is longer on shore.

You could always with your CO's approval take a visitors visa to Australia if your partner is residing here and go off shore to activate when the time comes.

Susiex

Hi Susie,

Thanks, yes I was expecting it to be around the 5-6 month mark, just the mention of 12 months is soo depressing!

I've been over here in Aus (676 tourist) since September, which is good, I informed them in my cover letter that I would be coming back after submitting the visa. And I know I shouldnt be complaining as there are many out there who are waiting and not together, but I'm just starting to go a totally crazy as obviously I've not been working all this time!

Guest siamsusie
Hi Susie,

Thanks, yes I was expecting it to be around the 5-6 month mark, just the mention of 12 months is soo depressing!

I've been over here in Aus (676 tourist) since September, which is good, I informed them in my cover letter that I would be coming back after submitting the visa. And I know I shouldnt be complaining as there are many out there who are waiting and not together, but I'm just starting to go a totally crazy as obviously I've not been working all this time!

I am hoping for you Happy seeing you have lodged off shore and taking into account that all your paperwork is correct which includes medicals and police checks that you could hit lucky within the 6 month time frame. 12 months does seem excessive and I hope the latter Med/PC are still active.

HappyLass a fellow Tasmanian was extremely fortunate in 2009 (ish) and came away with a visa directly from NZ, obviously time frames have changed now.. but you never know Happy!

Fingers crossed for you!

Susie x:hug:

Guest stuckinNZ

Hey, Me and my Bf are currently living in Auckland and will be lodging our defacto visa in a few months. I was stunned at the waiting time to get the visa approved.

Please let me know how you go and how long it takes. I am yet to find anyone who has done an offshore in NZ

We can really go to OZ on a tourist visa cause we both need to work. :(

Guest siamsusie
Hey, Me and my Bf are currently living in Auckland and will be lodging our defacto visa in a few months. I was stunned at the waiting time to get the visa approved.

Please let me know how you go and how long it takes. I am yet to find anyone who has done an offshore in NZ

May I ask how you can enter Australia on a tourist visa and work please? or is it that you have NZ pr/citizenship and are entitled to live and work in Australia anyway? just curious!

Guest stuckinNZ

Sorry, It was a typo - we/he Cant really go to Aus on a tourist visa and wait. We both have to work or we will run out of money. sorry for the mix up :)

The thought of being here for another 6 months is......depressing. We thought it would be a good idea to move here cause we have 2 cats and didnt want to ship them to England and back. So we thought for 6 months we would come here. Its not till we started putting our forms toghether I found out how long the wait was.

What worries me the most is my bf's visa runs out the end of November and I think he will now be to old to get an extention. ( im Australian so dont need a visa here)

Guest siamsusie
Sorry, It was a typo - we/he Cant really go to Aus on a tourist visa and wait. We both have to work or we will run out of money. sorry for the mix up :)

The thought of being here for another 6 months is......depressing. We thought it would be a good idea to move here cause we have 2 cats and didnt want to ship them to England and back. So we thought for 6 months we would come here. Its not till we started putting our forms toghether I found out how long the wait was.

What worries me the most is my bf's visa runs out the end of November and I think he will now be to old to get an extention. ( im Australian so dont need a visa here)

I cannot see the option really. If your bf has to work then he will have to remain off shore until the visa is granted.

The sooner your application is in, the better for you guys.

Best wishes

Susie x

Guest Happy1979

Good luck guys, I'll let you know how I get on, I've looked through loads of these sort of sites, and I've found really limited posts from people who have applied through NZ so don't really have much to go on except the time line given by Auckland Immi. There was one other girl, I think she was from Brazil, who applied in NZ, but they sent her application to her home country for processing!

Its been one month since I applied now, and all I have received is a letter confirming they've received it (would be a bit worrying if they hadn't considering I applied in person and paid in cash as their eftpos machine wasn't working!)- actually, they sent me the same letter again a couple of weeks later, I got all excited seeing who it was from, thinking I might have a CO or something, but no such luck - very frustrating!

Anyway, good luck, I'm trying to stay positive, and think that their just covering themselves by giving such a long processing time, so hopefully it'll be quicker, fingers crossed!

x

• 2 months later...
Guest stuckinNZ

Hey! Just wondering if you have heard anymore from immi?

we finally put in our visa about a month ago and got the confirmation letter saying the 6 - 12 months time frame. Just hoping now to get someone who will put it through fast.. fingers crossed.

cheers :)

I had mine granted in 2 months back in 2010 (applied Feb 2010, granted April 2010). I'm pretty sure that they always quote 6 months as standard to be honest. Having said that, circumstances can make a difference and there's no guarantee how quickly they'll process. It wouldn't surprise me if more people are applying as well since the earthquakes in Christchurch.

Guest Happy1979
Hey! Just wondering if you have heard anymore from immi?

we finally put in our visa about a month ago and got the confirmation letter saying the 6 - 12 months time frame. Just hoping now to get someone who will put it through fast.. fingers crossed.

cheers :)

Hi,

I just got a case officer about a week ago!! I applied in Auckland on 31st March 2011 and got quoted the standard 6-12 months that they say. Even after about a month I was still just told 6-12 months and nothing else.

Anyway, I emailed last week, and got told that I now have a CO (Yay!!) and that they were currently now processing visa's that were submitted at the beginning of March so I should be hearing something in 3-4 weeks (double yay!) - Which if that is the case will be around the 5 month mark, so it seems as though New Zeland is processing things at about the same rate as everone else!

Hope that helps

Good luck! x

• 4 months later...
Guest stuckinNZ

Hey

Im just wondering how you are getting on ? its been 5 months now for us and still no case officer.

I did email them to ask how much longer but I havent heard back from them.

Can you please tell me how you contacted them to get a reply? did you email or call? I also wanted to check they got our chane of address just in case..

Any info would be helpful

cheers

Guest Happy1979
Hey

Im just wondering how you are getting on ? its been 5 months now for us and still no case officer.

I did email them to ask how much longer but I havent heard back from them.

Can you please tell me how you contacted them to get a reply? did you email or call? I also wanted to check they got our chane of address just in case..

Any info would be helpful

cheers

Hey there,

I eventually got my visa in 5 months and 2 weeks so I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon!

I only found out I had a CO because I asked and said I wanted to submit a change of address form and would prefer to send it to the CO directly instead of the general email.

I always contacted them by email, as it was easier for me as I was in Australia, plus I always prefer to have official contact like that in writing.

I did get asked to submit form 80 though.

I think thats it!

Good luck

Guest stuckinNZ

OMG!! there was a change of address form?? We posted in a letter and sent them a email and no one has replied.

I might google it now!!

Can you tell me where you got the form from? them or on a website??

Cheers

OMG!! there was a change of address form?? We posted in a letter and sent them a email and no one has replied.

I might google it now!!

Can you tell me where you got the form from? them or on a website??

Cheers

Google Form 929 DIAC and it's the first one that comes up. :)

Sent via Tapatalk

Guest NinaK26

Hi there,

I have found this thread very helpful (am Finnish but still benefiting the forum :)! I plan to submit my PMV application soon in Europe and travelling to OZ as a tourist right after (with eVisitor visa). Thus, I would like to ask especially from Happy1979 if you had any problems with waiting for the PMV onshore with 676 tourist visa (e.g. if you had to extend it after 3 months)? I am a little apprehensive about staying onshore if there are any conflicts between extending the tourist visa and the PMV being processed.

Another issue is that if I manage to negotiate to receive the grant in NZ (instead of Europe), do I need to do anything else offshore than just be outside the country at the time of grant?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Happy1979
Hi there,

I have found this thread very helpful (am Finnish but still benefiting the forum :)! I plan to submit my PMV application soon in Europe and travelling to OZ as a tourist right after (with eVisitor visa). Thus, I would like to ask especially from Happy1979 if you had any problems with waiting for the PMV onshore with 676 tourist visa (e.g. if you had to extend it after 3 months)? I am a little apprehensive about staying onshore if there are any conflicts between extending the tourist visa and the PMV being processed.

Another issue is that if I manage to negotiate to receive the grant in NZ (instead of Europe), do I need to do anything else offshore than just be outside the country at the time of grant?

Thanks in advance!

I applied origionally for a 6 month 676 visa with multiple entry, so slightly different to your 3 month one. I had it before I applied for the PMV. I was living with my partner in Melbourne with this with no problems entering or anything. I went to Auckland specifically to lodge the PMV as that has to be offshore, and re-entered Melbourne on that same 676 visa. Again, I had no problems on entry to Australia, I was a bit worried about being questioned so I just made sure that I had with me copies of bank statements and credit cards just showing that I had access to money, and also a return flight out of Australia.

When I submitted my application in Auckland, I still put down my address in Melbourne as my address on the form, and in my covering letter to immigration I said that I was planning on returning to Melbourne straight after submitting it. I front loaded my police check as I had one already from my 676 application, but not the medical - I used this as my 'safety net' so to speak, so I wouldn't accidentitally be in the country when they tried to grant my visa. As it turned out I had to return back to the UK for 2 months, so I did my medical just before I left and then my visa was granted about a month later.

There was no problem with lodging the visa in NZ but being in the UK when it was granted. I asked my NZ CO if it was ok to go to London to get the label in my passport (you dont need it, but I wanted it!) and she said that was fine, but to leave a few days before I went as they needed to transfer my file to them. All in all, no problems anywhere - just a lot of waiting!

I hope that helps a bit! Good luck!

Archived