south-australia electrical license accepted in queensland??

Guest donz

Guest donz

I have been here 2 months now, finally sorted my trade cert , got my blue card , done my cpr and low voltage rescue , i have my restricted license and now i cannot get work because it will take another 3 months to get my full license.

does a south australia license still only have to converted?

does anyone know the costs involved?

is this route worth doing?

If i do not get work soon , i will have to take my family back to UK because the savings is running low .

Please help!!!

Restricted licence or any provisional is useless, I got restricted cabling licence in telecommunication cabling and this is a step to open cabling licence - this one is required but still I can't find a job. To haul cables you may not need any licence while supervised.

I faced australian red tape to get my licences so I know how it turns life into a nighmare when you want to work, have qualifications, can't get a job and hear that employers can't find a skilled staff, and savings runs out.

donz;

If you have a S/A A class license you can have it transferred to any state you like, all states "Must" oblige for the A class license they have No choice but to accept the license

you can go to PEER in S/A do there A class exams in 2 days if you have done there distance learning course or if your very confident on passing the exams then book into PEER its all done in one day, or you can book into PEER for a 2 week full on course then sit the exams.

contact people at PEER

Kate is on leave for 12 months but the other ladys in the office are fantastic to deal with.

Kate Boneham

Client Services Coordinator

PEER VEET

1042 Port Road

Albert Park SA 5014

Phone +61 08 8348 1200

Fax +61 08 8348 1201

www.peer.com.au

Guest dobber

NO1 Spark

I know various things have been stated about getting the licence required to work etc, but i am still unclear as to whether i can do the distance learning course as i have already passed the vetassess course, which when i get my visa, will gain me a restricted licence to work. So my question is could i just go to adelaide do the 2 week course and get the licence and transfer it to qld. Many thanks in advance.

dobber;

the answer is YES, however if you have gone down the vatessess route & you intend to reside in QLD you must keep a work logbook continually for 12 months work on site, now then if you are unemployed within the 12 months you start again with the frigging logbook.

so be very careful mate in what state you intend to reside in, i now make reference to Vatessess if you have the ARTC then you can do the exams at PEER transfer the license to QLD without doing the "Logbook" its a load of ****e really.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike&lou

Hi there, wht happens and what is the procedure for getting a electrical mechanic license if i have gone through vetasses?.

I am planning on leaving for aus in about 5 weeks and just want to prepare myself for the thing before i get there.

Much appreciated to anyone that can answer this in as much detail as posible

Guest leeob77
Hi there, wht happens and what is the procedure for getting a electrical mechanic license if i have gone through vetasses?.

I am planning on leaving for aus in about 5 weeks and just want to prepare myself for the thing before i get there.

Much appreciated to anyone that can answer this in as much detail as posible

if you have your visa then you can apply for artc certifiacte (from uk so long as you have an oz address to post to - ie a friends)

you can go through the south australia route so long as you have the artc. enrol on peer course for regs, once you complete workbook (few weeks max) you arrange to sit exam. go to adelaide, do a days revision then sit exam. get certificate, apply for license and within a couple of weeks you will receive the all important A class license. this can be transfered to any state. (ps there is only one license in SA so you can transfer it to whichever license you want in another state (fitter or mechanic).

the confusion seems to have been round whether a vetassess applicant can get the ARTC certificate.

so to clear things up i have spoken to TRA in australia. they have confirmed that once you have a visa that entitles you to work in oz then you can apply for the ARTC regardless of the assessment you did for the visa (ie TRA or VETASSESS).

if i were you i would try to get the ARTC done before you leave. it requires the most work (evidence etc).

lee.

Archived