TV

Guest beanrush

Hi there

If you have one of the newish LCD tv's, e.g. Samsung, they will work over in Oz.

You have to tune the frequency to German if it doesnt give you the option of tuning it to Oz. This is what i was told by the guy from John Mason's removals. Apparently Germany are on the same frequency.

Hope this helps and by the way we are taking 3 of the tv's with us.

Debbie

One thing i forgot to mention is that you cannot take anything over to Oz that is under 12 months old without having to pay tax on it. You may be required to show a receipt if it looks newer and if you cant produce the receipt then you may be charged tax anyway. This is something else our shippers told us.

Thanks

Debbie

More recent analog TV's can be easily changed to the Australian PAL settings. The question I'd like to ask is can UK digital TV tuners be reset for Australian digital TV reception?

I got caught out bringing my DAB radio. It worked fine during the DAB test transmissions, then the Australian regulators decided to tweak the standard to a variation called DAB+. It won't pick up a thing now! Anyone returning to the UK want to buy a Pure Evoke-2?!

Guest siamsusie

Nope. It makes an excellent paperweight!
oh ! Becontree, I have 3 Pures here and they all work on FM. well they will make good chrissy presents for someone back home eh lol. ss x

Yeah, the FM section works but there's no RDS on my model so I never know what I'm listening to. In Melbourne all the good stuff seems to be on AM stations which also now broadcast on DAB+. Never mind, Christmas is coming and I fancy one of all singing and dancing ones that do Internet radio as well. Perhaps Kevin could organise another financial stimulus?

Guest casramsey

G'day guys - this is just the question I wanted to ask!

We're leaving in 3 weeks and we haven't got a TV worth taking, so we were just going to buy one over there. Then I saw these:

UK - Samsung LE32B450C 32" LCD TV - Cheap Samsung LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

Oz - Samsung (32") 81cm High Definition LCD Television - TVs - TV, DVD & Video - TV, Audio & Gaming - Products

Same tv, although the oz and uk versions, but the UK one is £318 and the oz one is £512! So am I missing something?? That's 200 quid difference and shipping would hardly cost anything if you're already shipping a load of other stuff. Does anyone know how much tax would be if you were asked for it? As long as it's going to work OK over there, I might just do it...although the warranty worries me a little - anyone got any further thoughts?

Cheers

Cas

G'day guys - this is just the question I wanted to ask!

We're leaving in 3 weeks and we haven't got a TV worth taking, so we were just going to buy one over there. Then I saw these:

UK - Samsung LE32B450C 32" LCD TV - Cheap Samsung LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

Oz - Samsung (32") 81cm High Definition LCD Television - TVs - TV, DVD & Video - TV, Audio & Gaming - Products

Same tv, although the oz and uk versions, but the UK one is £318 and the oz one is £512! So am I missing something?? That's 200 quid difference and shipping would hardly cost anything if you're already shipping a load of other stuff. Does anyone know how much tax would be if you were asked for it? As long as it's going to work OK over there, I might just do it...although the warranty worries me a little - anyone got any further thoughts?

Cheers

Cas

I don't think you are missing anything, just UK prices are more competitive. Even at $2 to £1 the set would be £450 in Oz. Good Guys want $949 for the set, but, you often can get things for less than list price in Oz, more so if you are buying more than one item but if you can't do a deal it's to late.

However the UK price is very good and £200 would be in your pocket for any repairs so I would go for it.

Make sure you open the box, check it out and then repack so it does not look too new.:policeman: Unless you are taking 6 I think you would get away with the 'new' tax problem.

Archived