Certificate IV training and assessment

jodipodi

Hi just wondering if the certificate IV in training and assessment would allow someone to train others in a setting other than school...eg myself in a salon delivering nail technician courses?

Just a thought no solid plans but something I'm interested in doing.

Cert IV allows you to teach adults in any VET (Vocational Educational and Training) course. There is only one Nail Technician course - details are here - http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/SHB30315.

In order to teach that course, you would need

- qualification in Cert IV T&A

- qualification in Cert III Nail Technology

- to keep both of the above current.

Cert IV allows you to teach adults in any VET (Vocational Educational and Training) course. There is only one Nail Technician course - details are here - http://training.gov.au/Training/Details/SHB30315.

In order to teach that course, you would need

- qualification in Cert IV T&A

- qualification in Cert III Nail Technology

- to keep both of the above current.

Thanks very much....so my nail quals gained in UK would be no good?

What if it was brand specific courses I wanted to deliver? Rather than a CERT III?

You can get your qualifications assessed here for equivalency.

I am not sure about the brand specific question. Australia is very much a 'certificate' based country, if someone is paying for a course they will want an accredited and recognised certificate to go with it.

I would get in touch with a few nail salons here, I think they would really be able to help you with those questions. Good luck.

You can get your qualifications assessed here for equivalency.

I am not sure about the brand specific question. Australia is very much a 'certificate' based country, if someone is paying for a course they will want an accredited and recognised certificate to go with it.

I would get in touch with a few nail salons here, I think they would really be able to help you with those questions. Good luck.

Yeah I understand thanks.....I'd say UK is too but we have brand specific courses such as complete nail professional etc which still allow you to apply nails and get insured etc.

Pretty much the same as college however smaller group delivery and specifically using one brand and gaining you a certificate from them?

I'll have to email the tafe i think cheers everyone xx

Thanks very much....so my nail quals gained in UK would be no good?

What if it was brand specific courses I wanted to deliver? Rather than a CERT III?

Well, your question was about a Cert IV in T & A. With the Cert IV you can teach any VET course provided you have the Cert IV and the qualification you are teaching. Don't know anything about brand specific courses, sorry.

Well, your question was about a Cert IV in T & A. With the Cert IV you can teach any VET course provided you have the Cert IV and the qualification you are teaching. Don't know anything about brand specific courses, sorry.

Ah I see so if you have the actual certificate which you are wanting to deliver to others then that is what's needed as well as the Cert IV?

Thanks very much buzzy-bee.

Do you happen to know how you'd keep them up to date? Is it some sort of refresher?

It would be a brief course (probably online) that would train any differences between the old qualification and the new. The qualifications are updated every few years. The last 2 digits of the qualification indicate which year they were updated in. So the TAE40110 Cert IV in T&A was last updated in 2010, and is in fact being updated again right now. No RTOs are allowed to train the TAE40116 yet, but you should ensure that any RTO you sign up with includes the upgrade to TAE40116 in their fee.

It would be a brief course (probably online) that would train any differences between the old qualification and the new. The qualifications are updated every few years. The last 2 digits of the qualification indicate which year they were updated in. So the TAE40110 Cert IV in T&A was last updated in 2010, and is in fact being updated again right now. No RTOs are allowed to train the TAE40116 yet, but you should ensure that any RTO you sign up with includes the upgrade to TAE40116 in their fee.

Thanks you very much you've been really helpful x

• 2 weeks later...
Would anyone know if the current UK qualification (previously known as PTLLS) would be easily converted in some way by recognition of prior learning by any chance?

Doing that whilst here in UK would be much more practical as well as cheaper for me.

Go on to Training.gov.au, find the cert IV course, look at the assessment requirements for all the modules (there are about 10 modules) and see whether the UK ones map to them.

Even if they do, you will still have to do the RPL, and an RTO will charge for this, I think around 50% of the cost of doing the actual course.

Go on to Training.gov.au, find the cert IV course, look at the assessment requirements for all the modules (there are about 10 modules) and see whether the UK ones map to them.

Even if they do, you will still have to do the RPL, and an RTO will charge for this, I think around 50% of the cost of doing the actual course.

Ahhh I see , so by the time I pay £200 then half of the Australian cost for RPL.....I may as well just do the Australian one straight off.

Thanks very much for that Buzzybee