Perth to Melbourne road trip July 2016

Dozey

Hi all ?

New to this ...

I'm travelling over on a whv in July and staying with friends in Melbourne but contemplating flying into Perth and driving over to Melbourne but it is proving to be an expensive venture to try and plan as car companies want a small fortune to drop the car off in Melbourne (around £1000) . Just wondering if anyone else may be thinking of doing the same trip around the same time so that we can split the cost and also so I won't be tracking all that way on my own ? thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

I don't think the one way fee is £1000 maybe in total it is. Another option is to have a look at the campervan and car relocations. There are currently some there for March and the cost is $5 a day http://www.imoova.com/imoova/relocations the downside is they usually give you a set number of days to do the trip, so if you are wanting to go off exploring it may not be a suitable option.

Hi all 

New to this ...

I'm travelling over on a whv in July and staying with friends in Melbourne but contemplating flying into Perth and driving over to Melbourne but it is proving to be an expensive venture to try and plan as car companies want a small fortune to drop the car off in Melbourne (around £1000) . Just wondering if anyone else may be thinking of doing the same trip around the same time so that we can split the cost and also so I won't be tracking all that way on my own  thanks

I would consider buying a car and selling it when you get there. May be cheaper, depending on how long you are going to take. It's a bloody long way, and not the most exciting, and at the same time absolutely mind blowing. Adelaide would be closer, and you would miss a lot of nothing.