Car insurance for whv

bwwanderlust

I'm currently living in the suburbs of Perth with a friend. Ideally to get around more and do some roadtrips to surrounding areas i'd like to buy a cheap car.

The only problem is finding suitable car insurance that covers Working Holiday Visa people, rather than being a resident.

Does anyone have any information or experience with finding good car insurance that coves WHV?

Thanks in advance,

Becky.

Most WHV holders just buy a cheap car and don't bother with optional insurance. Third Party insurance is included within your Rego.

until you hit someone, and have to pay for their damages. With rego comes CTP ( compulsary third party insurance ) that only covers injury to third party. I wouldn't bother with full comp, but get at least something that covers material damages. I can't help you who will insure you, but surely someone will be along to give you a heads up

Surprised that you are finding trouble getting insurance. Who have you contacted and what are the issues?

You are just buying an insurance product for your time in Australia. I cant understand why an insurer wouldn't want to take your money.

I've just compared the Meerkat and their online quick quote thingy doesn't even ask anything about your residency status.