Group packages

Guest51810

Are these a complete waste of money? I know I could do all the paperwork stuff easily myself but do you think they are worth the experience as a single traveller? The only reason im

thinking about it is the girls im meeting up with are doing it, my mum thinks I should go for it instead of a stopover. Or I could just book into the same hostel which I was thinking of anyway :unsure:

I have looked into some of these but decided not to bother. I suppose the peace of mind from having a pick-up from the airport, somewhere to stay, Bank Account and TFN sorted for you would be nice.

I'm just gonna book somewhere for 1st 2 weeks so i just got to find my way to there when i land. Applied for bank account online yesterday and received email this morning saying thats all sorted ready for me to transfer money into, just got to pop into a branch when i get there to show my passport and collect debit card. As far as i know the TFN is quite straight forward aswell

I'm actually edging towards doing it, it's expensive but It might be worthwhile for the experience and more relaxing not having to sort everything out alone plus I'm the only one out the group Im meeting that's not doing it. My bank account wants someone to talk me out of it

A different slant on 'group packages', @scottishstacey, a single granny, 3 houses up from me decided to go on one...

"It was really worth it." was her comment, 'cos she doesn't have a 4wd...She went with a friend

Where?

The Canning Stock Route, Western Australia.

http://www.globalgypsies.com.au/tours/Australian/Canning-stock-route-Expedition/?gclid=CPiKjdeGmsYCFQd8vQodzqUAIg

Cheers, Bobj.

Personally I would not bother. You can apply for your bank account before you even leave for Oz. I applied and just made an appointment via email to the bank and collected my cards the day after I arrived. Really easy. You can also transfer funds before you go. Getting your TFN is also easy. I would just book yourself into the same hostel and save yourself the money. If your staying in a hostel they are also bound to have jobs advertised, if not there is loads of websites which you can job hunt for. My friend recently just came back from Oz and found it super easy to get jobs if your willing to go where the work is. (She did not do those meeting things). Also transfers from airports to city are really easy, I understand arranging transport when the country you go to does not speak the same language. I even picked up my Sim card at the airport and had a working sim with credit before leaving the airport :-)

Though the choice is yours, but this forum is great for advice and your probably receive the same or better advice from here.