Visa (417) entry date

benhawk123

Hi Guys,

I've all but completed my application for the work holiday visa, but was wondering whether the date you give as your 'entry date' has to be abided by? I haven't yet booked flights, so cannot give an exact date. Did you guys book flights before obtaining a visa, or is this something they're easy on?

Thanks for your help!! :)

Yep, pretty much what Richard said mate.

If you got your Visa granted on 25th April 2015 for example, you would have until 25th April 2016 to enter Australia.

If you entered on 25th April 2016, it would then expire on 25th April 2016 unless of course you go for your second year.

Hope this helps you out and best of luck.

Yep, pretty much what Richard said mate.

If you got your Visa granted on 25th April 2015 for example, you would have until 25th April 2016 to enter Australia.

If you entered on 25th April 2016, it would then expire on 25th April 2017 unless of course you go for your second year.

Hope this helps you out and best of luck.

Fixed that up, there is no edit setting. Sorry.

Not sure if intentional or a forum permission error on this usergroup or forum sector. One for the Admin Team to look in to I suppose.

Hi again, has your Visa been approved? Mine was done within 12 hours, and I hear many others with similar stories despite the processing time on the website saying up to 6 days roughly. I think I applied at around 10 PM sometime last week, and had an email confirming the visa being approved at 6 AM. I would say 8 hours turnaround is fantastic, so unless you have anything of a concern you should have yours granted by now, since you only mentioned about completing it, so I presume you just sent off for it before making this thread?

Anyhow, what date you looking to fly out, and where from? I'm in the middle of writing a thread about going myself so keep an eye out in this section for one.

Hiya mate, I'm getting it tonight, I just wanted to clear the entry date situation up first and like you said the visas seem to be getting approved pretty quickly, so I'm in no major rush. I've completed it, I've just got to pay for it.

I'm looking to fly out mid to late August, probably to Melbourne. Currently toying with the idea of stopping over somewhere in Asia for a week or so to break the flight up a bit. What about yourself? I'll keep an eye out for that thread.

Hiya mate, I'm getting it tonight, I just wanted to clear the entry date situation up first and like you said the visas seem to be getting approved pretty quickly, so I'm in no major rush. I've completed it, I've just got to pay for it.

I'm looking to fly out mid to late August, probably to Melbourne. Currently toying with the idea of stopping over somewhere in Asia for a week or so to break the flight up a bit. What about yourself? I'll keep an eye out for that thread.

Im doing Thailand and Bali on way to Oz :)

I don't know where I want yet to go really. That's my only problem at the minute, however I am looking for any time from early July to Mid August myself.

Personally wouldn't bother myself stopping over in Asia and stuff, seems like a waste of money to me, although the flights won't be that much of a bother to me and I certainly understand some people aren't a big fan of just sitting on a plane for a full day and such. I quite enjoy flying but I admit my longest on a flight was only 11 hours from Manchester to Cancun Mexico a couple years ago.

I arrive in September mate, planning on starting in Melbourne. Where you going and when?

Literally have no idea haha. I've got a friend from back home who was on a student visa last year based in Melbourne, so I'll pick his brains when I next see him. There seems to be too much of a choice. I'll definitely be in Melbourne during September though, unless I have an extreme change of plan. How long are you planning on being in bali and Thailand for?

I don't know where I want yet to go really. That's my only problem at the minute, however I am looking for any time from early July to Mid August myself.

Personally wouldn't bother myself stopping over in Asia and stuff, seems like a waste of money to me, although the flights won't be that much of a bother to me and I certainly understand some people aren't a big fan of just sitting on a plane for a full day and such. I quite enjoy flying but I admit my longest on a flight was only 11 hours from Manchester to Cancun Mexico a couple years ago.

It's a tricky oneone. I've had a 13 hour flight that I didn't mind too much. My only issue is I can't sleep in a chair.

Literally have no idea haha. I've got a friend from back home who was on a student visa last year based in Melbourne, so I'll pick his brains when I next see him. There seems to be too much of a choice. I'll definitely be in Melbourne during September though, unless I have an extreme change of plan. How long are you planning on being in bali and Thailand for?

Im definitely going a month in Thailand, undecided on how long to stay in Bali at the moment. Probably 2-3 weeks mate