Visa Question!

obxer7

I will be applying for the 175 visa in June, I have heard this would take about 9months, but know that with things changing it might take a little bit longer.

Myself and OH are hoping to do our validation visit next July......I was wondering...what happens if the visa hasn't been granted yet, we would obviously still go to Australia if the flights were booked (it will be our honeymoon too so not bothered about spending the money on flights). I am right to think that you can't be in Australia when the visa is granted?

Is it worth booking flights in advance to save money, or should we wait til like next April when the visa will get granted (fingers crossed). Any help would be appreciated.

x

afaik if you happen to be in Australia when an offshore visa is granted (and you can't predict when that will be), you just have to leave Australia and then re-enter...

Thanks thats fine, I can do that. xx

afaik if you happen to be in Australia when an offshore visa is granted (and you can't predict when that will be), you just have to leave Australia and then re-enter...

This is not really correct if you are onshore when an offshore visa is granted - your visa will be void as you have to be offshore when it is granted.

Therefore if your visa is not granted by the time that you leave (if - most likely going by current allocation dates) you have a CO by that time you will have to inform them that you are travelling to Australia - they wil send a Pre-grant letter, you will need to tell them when you are leaving Austrlaia and they will grant once you have left once you get back in to Austrlalia your visa will be validated.

This is not really correct if you are onshore when an offshore visa is granted - your visa will be void as you have to be offshore when it is granted.

Therefore if your visa is not granted by the time that you leave (if - most likely going by current allocation dates) you have a CO by that time you will have to inform them that you are travelling to Australia - they wil send a Pre-grant letter, you will need to tell them when you are leaving Austrlaia and they will grant once you have left once you get back in to Austrlalia your visa will be validated.

Thank you very much. I did know there was something that you had to be offshore when it was granted.

Archived