Why?

blobby1000

Yes I knew after 8 weeks that Oz wasn't for me, flights booked home for 1st December, can't come quick enough tbh. I've been gone from the UK since 2004, spent over 5 years in Germany which I loved, its time to go home and settle now.

Guest Ptp113
I just can't see myself growing old here and the kids growing up without other family around.....how could we think it would be a better life out here without friends and family, blinded by the thought of the sun I think. For me we will have a better life in the UK, I'm sick of the sun, the beach, insects, heat, humidity, lifestyle (which I think is boring), shops, tv, the expense of everything from schooling to holidaying. Its just not for us.....but I'm glad we tried.....as it as brought to light what really is important.

Then why did you move to Qld?

We had no choice, my husband is with Defence, he has a 3 year contract with financial obligations should he terminate. So we're stuck here until then!

Yes I knew after 8 weeks that Oz wasn't for me, flights booked home for 1st December, can't come quick enough tbh. I've been gone from the UK since 2004, spent over 5 years in Germany which I loved, its time to go home and settle now.

Home for Christmas ~ Lovely :cute: Wishing you all the best, be sure to update on how its going

Guest Ptp113
We had no choice, my husband is with Defence, he has a 3 year contract with financial obligations should he terminate. So we're stuck here until then!

So try somewhere that isn't 'hot and humid and boring'. Personally I wouldn't live in the NT or Qld if you paid me

So try somewhere that isn't 'hot and humid and boring'. Personally I wouldn't live in the NT or Qld if you paid me

Whatever......Just as well you don't work for the ADF then because you don't get a choice where they post you! You seriously couldn't pay me enough to stay here!

At the end of the day people post on these threads because they are looking for support, not for people like yourself to question or criticise their choices in life.

You like it here, some dont.....get over it!

Whatever......Just as well you don't work for the ADF then because you don't get a choice where they post you! You seriously couldn't pay me enough to stay here!

At the end of the day people post on these threads because they are looking for support, not for people like yourself to question or criticise their choices in life.

You like it here, some dont.....get over it!

Hit the nail on the head there. Its your choice noone elses. I never understand why people try and pursuade someone else to do something??? I couldnt give a rats whether people come or go good luck to all.

Well done Julz.

For me, i miss my family, for my OH its the UK, the choice, the greenery,the culture,SKY television! We've realised that after nearly 2 yrs that our life in the UK wasnt that bad after all but its a very expensive way to find that out! My six year old daughter misses stairs! Thats all she wants, is a house with stairs and to be able to play with her cousins. Not long to go now, hopefully fly back in the end of July.

For me, i miss my family, for my OH its the UK, the choice, the greenery,the culture,SKY television! We've realised that after nearly 2 yrs that our life in the UK wasnt that bad after all but its a very expensive way to find that out! My six year old daughter misses stairs! Thats all she wants, is a house with stairs and to be able to play with her cousins. Not long to go now, hopefully fly back in the end of July.

Hi sarahjl

I notice you have a six year old, just wondering whether you could give me your thoughts on nursery and schooling as I read on another thread that someone felt nursery wasn't challenging enough for their child and this was one of the reasons they were returning to the UK. If it's perhaps not the right thread to discuss this on, would you pm me instead?

For me, i miss my family, for my OH its the UK, the choice, the greenery,the culture,SKY television!.

You can get sky over the net now, you just need an internet tv or an xbox. I'm sure it will take more than that to keep you there but may help your OH's time till you leave!!!

i think you can get everything thats in your package. I have it on the xbox and you can get most channels and plenty of on-demand stuff. You can also get movies and sports on the xbox (although being a pleb I dont have these channels!).

Then theres 'Sky Go' on the ipad/iphone, not too sure about that but i think its simular to the xbox - your package on the move!

i think you can get everything thats in your package. I have it on the xbox and you can get most channels and plenty of on-demand stuff. You can also get movies and sports on the xbox (although being a pleb I dont have these channels!).

Then theres 'Sky Go' on the ipad/iphone, not too sure about that but i think its simular to the xbox - your package on the move!

Do you need an address/subscription based in the uk?

Guest janeubu

hi guys i have been in perth for 3mths and dont think its for me ,ye the sun is great an the beaches but that is it ,its so expensive,they cant drive,they are misrable and rude,you eva get a jobs worth or someone who hasent got a clue about there job,they want u to have experience to work in a fruit an veg shop,my 10 yr old son hates school and the kids and my 22 yr old daughter is in the u.k so that is my pull back most of all.i think if you are a millionare u can defo live the dream here but only if you have your family unit with you,so glad i have tryed this but when i return the uk i will appreciate a hell of alot more.good luck to all who is happy with there ew life in oz because as someone once told me iy nt for every 1 :wink:

Guest Railsaus

I say do what makes you happy, and the fact you tried it and it wasn't for you...just life in the end. Also once you start to focus on what your missing at home makes it more harder to cope or settle with what you do have. Good luck

Some interesting stuff on here about when people are going home (and many seem to have been here a similar length of time to us)

What I would love to read is peoples reasons....

Is it the UK you miss, or the people, or do you find you dont like Australia as much as you expected?

Can't quite believe that we have been back in the UK for nearly a year now......................................

For me, I think I became bored with Australia and all things Australian which on reflection is a rather sad statement as Australia has a lot to offer.

Also, I began to feel trapped.......can't quite explain the feeling but suffice to say, it had me running for the hills............................

I do not regret all the money spent - to me, it was money well spent.

I gave a lot to Australia, and in return, Australia was really good to me and my family.................................but at the end of the day, I craved the familiarity of what I grew up with so I made the decision to come back to Scotland.

Also, the arrival of grandchild number one pushed me just that 'little' bit - I just could not envisage a life of missing out on her growing up so to speak.

Do I regret moving back ?

I would be lying if I said I had no regrets but at the end of the day, I am now happy, content and have that inner peace that was somewhat missing when I was in Oz.

Hopefully you find your inner peace too.

Archived