Joining NSW Police after gaining residency

thom1980

Hi Everyone.

After i get my resisency, i'm hoping to apply for the NSW Police.

Can anyone tell me what Goulburn training is like and whilst on the ADPP course, what do the assignments entail.

Is the course all exams/coursework or is there a big dissitation at the end?

I've tried to ask serving officers here, but they keep saying it was too long ago that they don't remember or it's all changed since they were there. Charles Sturt Uni are not very imformative either.

I'm sure i have loads of questions on this, but can't think of them now!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Thom

I looked into it also - its like getting blood from a stone, Sturt were more than useless and I even called the police recruitment officer who had no idea about anything and ended up telling me to call sturt.

Quite frankly it very much helped me make a concrete decision as to not wanting to work for them. if they can't answer very basic entrance questions then i absolutely guarantee you they are even more useless as an organisation. I say this from 7 years of experience in a police service in the UK.

THere are a couple of facebook pages that new recruits use to ask questions on so worth a look there.

Did you get the info that you pay for your own course and don't get a job till you pass that course ?? Start saving your pennies now.... its another reason i won't join - why would i want to pay for my own training to be verbally and physically abused by the lower ebb of society then get hung out to dry on my own should I make a mistake. thats my thoughts anyway - again taken from experience..

Good luck we do need police

I can understand your frustration with that one.

I did get the info in regards to doing the course and if not passing, no job. On the other hand, i am hoping i can apply for a scholarship, although not too sure what that entails yet. Also, i'd be entitles to centre link with being a permanent resident and in full time study. I've paid my taxes, so i won't mind claiming some back on that! Saying that, the wife (she's Australian) is on a good wage, so not sure if i'd be eligible for centerlink or any other funding due to her wages. I'll weigh that up nearer the time.

I always wanted to join the police back home, but due to the economy and a failed business which i placed a lot of personal expenditure into, my credit held me back. Over here it doesn't - Luckily.

Still want to do it though!

Archived