Can I lodge 176 Visa application whilst waiting to re sit IELTS?

Addison05

Hi All

I am sitting IELTS for 6th time on April 12th and noticed someones signature shows they lodged visa application without IELTS and then sat and submitted results after meds and police checks.

Does anyone know if this is possible? If it is would be able to lodge before July 1st.

Thanks

:err:

When the CO is allocated he/she will ask for all the missing documents. If you are UK citizens you already have an IELTS equivalent of 6.0. How far away from 65 poitns are you?

For 176 applications, the current CO allocation time is 3 to 4 weeks and you may have some convincing to do if you don't get the IELTS results by then. Good luck!

Guest VickyMel

Unfortunately IELTS is one of the things that is required at the time of application.

It has to have been done before you can apply.

There was some case a while back where the rules got changed - maybe the person who sat it after the CO was a partner (any additional applicants can do it after the application) to avoid paying the second installment for the English lessons? or maybe they got very lucky with their CO.

Good luck - sounds as if you are struggling with IELTS - there are some free online self-help IELTS sites - with timings the same as they do in the test. My OH just sat on the web site until he got the gist of how the questions were worded and the timings for the different sections.

Archived