Which parts of rockhampton to avoid??

Katerina

Hi guys,looks like we will live in Rocky for few months before we can move down to Tannum sands.I remember someone saying here to avoid certain parts of Rocky because of the mosquitos?think it was The Range but I am not sure.Anyone could help me out?Or tell me which part would be the best to live in with 2 small kids?i am not bothered by the lack of night life/restaurants..etc just want nice ,quiet area with parks...was thinking about Allenstown?

thanks

Katerina

Hi guys,looks like we will live in Rocky for few months before we can move down to Tannum sands.I remember someone saying here to avoid certain parts of Rocky because of the mosquitos?think it was The Range but I am not sure.Anyone could help me out?Or tell me which part would be the best to live in with 2 small kids?i am not bothered by the lack of night life/restaurants..etc just want nice ,quiet area with parks...was thinking about Allenstown?

thanks

Katerina

G'day mate, suggest that Frenchville is better than Allenstown, as the Murray Lagoon gets lotsa mossies and it is floodprone. Gracemere is really a no-no due to the biggest cattle saleyards in Australia and lotsa dust from the roadtrains etc. Have a squiz at Emu Park, very nice and peaceful, only downside is the commute in wet conditions.

Cheers, Bobj.

G'day mate, suggest that Frenchville is better than Allenstown, as the Murray Lagoon gets lotsa mossies and it is floodprone. Gracemere is really a no-no due to the biggest cattle saleyards in Australia and lotsa dust from the roadtrains etc. Have a squiz at Emu Park, very nice and peaceful, only downside is the commute in wet conditions.

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks Bobj. Glad I asked :biggrin:

Thanks Bobj. Glad I asked :biggrin:

Forgot, Parkhurst is a no-no, light industrial area on the west side of the highway. Glenlee is a newish subdiv, about 15 minutes' drive north, not seen it though.

Cheers, Bobj.

I've just moved to Berserker which seems like a nice enough area. It's next to Frenchvill like Bobj recommended so it's not far from the parks. We were warned to stay away from Depot Hill as it is prone to flooding.

I've just moved to Berserker which seems like a nice enough area. It's next to Frenchvill like Bobj recommended so it's not far from the parks. We were warned to stay away from Depot Hill as it is prone to flooding.

thanks Mark84, any idea why the rentals are so much cheaper in Berserker than in Franchville?

so my idea of living close to the river is not so good :biggrin:

thanks guys

:wink:

Guest sadiesmum

Hi There

We are due to move in September. We already have friends in Rocky and they have told us that Wandal and The Range are nice places, large houses that arent too expensive plus childcare nearby (they didnt mention anything about Mozzies?). We have seen a few lovely places in Wandal that look interesting, and looking them via google streetview you get a good idea of the surroundings. I have also been told that places like Norman gardens can be a bit cooler in the summer as they in the hills.

Hope this helps.

Archived