Help on Wages

Guest MelW

Hi all, help needed yet again, three weeks in and I am still very very lost and confused, we have done quite well, we have sorted bank out, got medicare sorted, changed driving licence over, and rec'd TFN Number, here comes the questions, husband has been going for various interviews over this past week, and all good positive feedback, jobs have been offered to him, so agian, lucky I suppose, my question is what deductions are we looking at coming out of his salary, and also for a diesel fitter (plant fitter to the uk) how much approx per hour, any one in that line of work. Any advise would be greatly apprciated, I am not looking to go out to work until my little girl starts school in Jan, and it woirries me with rent been between $350 - $400, trying to compare back to the UK etc. Many thanks for reading this waffle, hope you can make some sense of it.

:wacko:

Guest dwaldron
Try not to convert back into £'s - you're earning $ so try to keep thinking in them.

Very wise advice. I try to think in terms of how many hours I would have to work to pay for something and that helps.

Archived