Belfast Vetassess

fergamy

Hi all, just wondering if anyone here is doing their vetassess practical for carpentry/joinery in Belfast this friday coming? the nerves have kicked in big time.

I know my own abilities but I just hate tests.

I was wondering if anyone has done this practical recently, what should i brush up on?

In the health and safety side of things are they going to ask about H&S in Ireland or the Ozzie side of things?

What about building regs?

Any help would be great so I can put the head down for the week and fill my brain.

Many thanks

There s quite a few threads on this m8,one of the main things in building a roof with a hip,most joiners haven t done one for a few years and can be a bit rusty,what s the work like over your neck o the woods,i m working formyself here,used to work on the sites here but the rates are a joke.

thanks for your reply, yeah i've searched through the old post got some great info, all more or less the same sort of answers from the last few years. I'm in Dublin and work is slow, i was 2 years in Perth and am back home about 15months now so going from a 60 hour week to this is hard but i have been busy for the majority of the time thankfully. Cant wait to get back out to Perth, have all my tools still out there, looking forward to a decent wage again. What visa are you applying for?

i ve sent my paperwork away via an agent(176 w a state sponsored) about 3 weeks a go,i was always thinking of going back(i was there 98-01)but with the changes coming in we decided to go for it now.

Ive got got a m8 out in perth plastering,but don t know as much about the carpentry work,most of the house out there don t look as if they have as much carpentry finish work in them ,mostly block walls,with even the door frames being put in with the brickies?Is the right?

what kind of money for working for subey s ?pricework or mostly rate?any info appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
Guest martinm

hi all just thinking of jumping on a plane to oz and looking for a sponsor wen iam there and apply for a visa when iam there too is this possible?

Just to let you all know the Belfast trade assessments are out on the Vetassess site so log on and check your results :)

My husband has a successful status which was changed last night from in progress, now it's the dreaded ielts 2nd time for him tomorrow in Leeds.

Good luck all who were in Belfast on the 30th looking forward to hearing everyone is at the next stage :rolleyes:

Archived