HELP 'Tradies down Under' WA Electrical A licence

K8kte

I have recently been to WA to activate my 176 visa. I am wishing now that I had done the 2week electrical A licence course whilst I was there.

However I now know there is a very slim chance of getting employment without my A licence.

On holiday I managed to apply to energy safety for me to be able to book onto a college course. Energy safety informed me it would be 4 weeks before I would receive the letter to be able to book a course.

My problem now that I am back in the UK is that I have no holiday entitlement left for this year so I cannot take a holiday back to oz to sit the 2 week course.

It is also clear I somehow need to do something to get my A class to secure a job so I can afford to take the leap with my young family.

I could go and do it the start of next year with my new holiday entitlement but by then we were hoping to be there!

So 'Tradies down under' seem to be my only route for £3k as I can do it now ,over just two weekends, followed by a 5hr course in WA as soon as I arrive!

My question is as follows;

The tradies guy has said the day I do the 5hr course in WA is the day I would get my A class licence?

Is this correct as I thought I would then have to seperately apply to energy safety after course completion to receive my A licence?

I just want to make sure he is not selling me something to find out I get there, do the 5hr course, then find out I have the 8week wait to get the A licence from Energy Safety?

If this is the case I will go over in January to do the 2 week course and apply to energy safety myself, return home to wait for my A licence whilst still being able to work and earn money in the uk!

Anyone thats used them in WA that has the answers to above please let me know, as for £3k I want to know its all done and a quick process when I arrive!

Cheers

Guest The Pom Queen

I know Tradies Down Under has been mentioned on here a few times it may be worth while having a quick search.

Tradies down under are not the licencing Authority, do not issue licences and cannot guarantee you will get your licence. They are only a training organisation. I would not waste your money. Go direct to Energy Safe in WA. Waste of 3000!

Just to let you know the licencing is changing in July to one licence for the whole of Australia instead of each state having their own. Look up nola.gov.au they tell you what is happening.

Archived