Medicals and Police Checks??

Jit7

Hi

I lodged my 175 application in December and now starting to see that the queue is moving fast (thanks to another fab thread).

I haven't booked my medical test or police checks yet because I've been told to wait until the CO contacts me and asks for the info. Not sure whether I should wait or just get it done. What is the validity of both? I've noticed that others are getting these done before the CO contacts them.

Advise please :confused:

Guest Guest31881

They both have a life of 12 months from the date they are done. You have to have your visa granted and validated your visa by at least visiting Australia in that 12 month expiry deadline.

We waited until we got a CO, we got medical appointment within a week and police check took a week to come back. We had vist grant 4 weeks after we got CO. Also if you wait and your CO contacts you, you contact details of your CO, if you frontload sometimes you never know when you have a CO, or have their details to findout whats going on with your application.

Officially the DIAC are only up to 20th Jun 2011 with allocation dates of CO, I would wait a few more months before booking.

i lodged my 175 visa on march 17th 2012.

Although i would prefer to wait on the CO to request them, it doesnt seem feasible in my case, as i have to get police clearances from three difference countries (none of which i currently reside in)and all of this together, i estimate will take at least 3mths to acquire.(USA up to 12wks). So i intend to frontload them around october/november 2012, in anticipation of getting a CO sometime around then. However if you only need a police clearance from one country and you are living in that country, i dont see the harm in waiting on the CO to request them, as it should be easy enough to obtain.

The decision still lies with you, but the latest you get these documents the more time you will have to validate the visa.

Thanks lebourvellec and Day N Nite

4 weeks is a very quick turnaround from getting a CO to a visa grant. I got some info from my agent about what forms to fill etc so I do feel a little more prepared than a week ago. I just don't want to waste more time waiting. I only have to get a police check from UK so don't have that added pressure.

Thanks for your advice

:smile:

Archived