Newcastle Suburbs-Where is best to live for young couple?

helent113

Hi all,

I am after some advice on the best suburbs to live near Newcastle? My OH will be working in Williamtown and I will be working all round the newcastle region for an agency. Therefore we would like somewhere within 30-40mins drive of both those areas. We would like a nice area thats not too far away from nightlife for weekends (as long as we can get to the nightlife on public transport/taxi's).

Have been looking at Raymond Terrace as an option but can't any furnished rental properties there.

Thanks xx

Hi Helent :) welcome to the forum. Unfortunately i dont have the answer to your question as im in the UK but hopefully now that your post has been bumped up someone will be able to come along and answer

any other questions please ask and hopefully i'll be able to answer those! :wubclub:

Guest the stanleys

Hi, I don't come on here often, but have just noticed your post. we have lived in Newcastle for the past 2 years. Personally I would avoid Raymond terrace. There are much nicer places in and around Newcastle to live. We decided on medowie which is very close to williamtown (my husband works next to the airport) but quieter than I guess you will be after as it still has that country feel. We really like it you just have to be prepared to travel. It takes me just under 30 mins to drive into newcastle (new lambton heights) for me to get to work. If I was looking for nightlife pubs restaurants etc I would be looking towards The Junction, Merewether, Adamstown areas or even Honeysuckle (which is right on the foreshore). These areas do come at a price though. And be aware rentals across Newcastle as a whole are very hard to come by. You may need to take what you can and move again at a later date. I hope this is of some help to you.

Karen

Archived