NHS. Is It The End??

Bobj

Guest littlesarah

I'm not talking about denying a person necessary treatment or imaging. I have never refused a patient the treatment for which there is a medical requirement, and I have never worked for an institution where that was policy. We didn't always provide the treatment requested (in the case of my profession, care of non-pathological nails, for example), where there was no medical necessity, but that isn't the same as denying treatment that is clearly or possibly vital to maintain life and health.

I'm also not suggesting that imaging is never necessary, and certainly should be undertaken as extensively as required if there is any hint of a serious condition (and in my experience, this is the case in the NHS). I am an allied health professional, and the people I see are not usually presenting with life-threatening conditions. What I know happens frequently is that imaging is requested, undertaken, and then doesn't actually make a difference to the management of the patient. I didn't say that always happens, but enough to make me scratch my head as to why the plan wasn't instigated, with imaging as second-line option.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Ropey HOFF

I don't think it is the end for the NHS, it will always be here, its just changing thats all, with private companies being allowed to cherry pick the best contracts, like with the prisons, i see things being worse in the future, its the nature of the beast, you can't make alot of money without it having a detrimental effect.

Archived