State Sponsorship application..

Talieandtribe

Hi, we applied to Victoria for State Sposorship. At the time we estimated we would we taking 45.000 aud. We had worked that out to cover us for up to 3 months. Family of 5.

They have e.mailed us asking how much we money we plan on taking. I'm guessing they don't think it's enough.

Does anyone know what figure they are looking for?

Thanks.

Hi

when I looked there are suggestions on the website of how much. I recall a family of 2 children/dependants and 2 adults was 50'000 so it may be more. Can't quite remember where about it is, maybe under eligibility.

Hope that helps!

60K for a family of 5. please check the link mentioned below(-->Finances):

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/visas-and-immigrating/skilled-visas/skilled-sponsored-visa-subclass-176

Hi, we applied to Victoria for State Sposorship. At the time we estimated we would we taking 45.000 aud. We had worked that out to cover us for up to 3 months. Family of 5.

They have e.mailed us asking how much we money we plan on taking. I'm guessing they don't think it's enough.

Does anyone know what figure they are looking for?

Thanks.

Note, they're not asking how much you're going to bring. Rather, how much you have access to. So, look at all assets you could possibly liquidate (all your savings, stocks, retirement accounts, in addition to "normal" funds like in a cheque account). Now, that's how much you have access to. That's the amount they want to know about.

Side note, the website does explicitly state "We do not require evidence of these financial resources."

Guest VickyMel

Yep we estimated things like how much we would seel our cars for - it is liquid assets they are interested in.

If you didn't include that in the calculations maybe say so when you reply with the revised figure.

Good luck

Archived