what type of work can you do an a WHV?

raveenasultan

I've been looking at going to Oz (WA specifically) on a WHV next year once i've finished my Early Childhood Studies degree. I was wondering whether I'll be able to get a job in a daycare centre? I want to get some Aussie childcare experience and look for possible sponsors (if they are willing to) to sponsor me when my WHV expires :cute: does anybody know if I can work in a daycare centre in Oz on a WHV? if anybody has worked in one on a WHV before, I'd love to hear from you :wubclub:

You can basically do any job when you are on a WHV - but when you apply for your visa if you put down you are looking to work in childcare,, you may be asked to do medical/chest xray.

IF you are planning on looking for work - it may be advisable to take a recent Police Check with you incase you get asked by an Australian Employer.

Slightly different job but I worked as a Lifeguard in Council Swimming Pool while I was over on a WHV.

You can basically do any job when you are on a WHV - but when you apply for your visa if you put down you are looking to work in childcare,, you may be asked to do medical/chest xray.

IF you are planning on looking for work - it may be advisable to take a recent Police Check with you incase you get asked by an Australian Employer.

Slightly different job but I worked as a Lifeguard in Council Swimming Pool while I was over on a WHV.

Wheeeey! thats great :cute: I normally get police checks done when i go to different work placements for uni, so getting one done for Aussie employers would be fine!

Thankyou for replying :wubclub:

Archived