Spouses visa - English

sh3p69

Hi there All...

I have a problem if any one can help...

Me and my partner are trying to emigrate to WA, with my partner been the primary applicant (Nurse).

She is English just like me and she as sat the IELTS test and passed that, and we have sent all the documents to ANMAC and now are just waiting for them to say "Yes, You are a nurse" so we can carry on...

So we are getting the visa application ready so we can send as soon as we get the nod...

BUT we have a problem, or should i say I have a problem, it says that i have to provide evidence of functional English...

Evidence required is a IELTS test. evidence of a degree, diploma, or trade qualification in which it had 2 years full time study, study in Australia for one year in English Or evidence that i had 5 years secondary education...

The problem is the school that i went to has been pulled down, i have rang the local council and asked them if they had any record of me been at this school for the five years that i was and they said that any records would of been at the school, all the record will of been destroyed when the school got pulled down...

I'm a truck tyre fitter and i have a few city and guilds certificate`s that go back from when i left school to the present but i dont think that they are good enough, And i DONT want to sit the bloody IELTS test As my partner scared me about that one when she came out of it, if she found it hard i would find it impossible...

So any help with this one, did any of you have the same problem and how did you do it... Or if any one knows how i can get the evidence that i was at the school, with the school no longer there...

Thanks... DaVe...

If you hold an British passport you automatically have 6.5 points. Are you claiming points for the partner? If so, I am not sure on this, but someone will be along soon who will know.

My OH is the main applicant and is not claiming points for me. I am British citizen and hold a British passport so there is for me to take an IELTS test. No one has requested me to take an IELTS test. Believe me, we have been asked to produce everything. At the moment, not blood, but this will be asked for at the Medical LOL!!!!

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Sorry is it me getting confused, Its just that i have been reading that much my head is like mush...

So have i got this wrong (Hope so). my partner (nurse) is the one going for the 175 visa with me clinging on to her for dear life to get there as a partner bit of the visa, but when reading about the partner bit (me) i have read some were that i have to provide evidence about my English, I'm English born and live here with a British passport, Have i been reading the wrong Visa bit...

I did find it a bit funny, But you never know...

So them of you that have done and doing a 175 visa did your partner (if British) have to put evidence of there English ability...

Told you i hope that i dont have to take this IELTS test, cant even get this right... ;-)

Dave...

Archived