Need to get my skills assessed for the WA 176 State Sponsored Visa?!?!?!

chrishardy

Hi there, i'v decided to apply for the 176 State Sponsored Visa myself instead of going through an agent and could do with some advice on getting them assesed, I'm a plumber and after speaking to one agent they said that i should use Vetassess for the assessment, however on the WA goverment website it doesn't have Vetassess down as the assessors?? Could anyone give me any advice on what i need to do???

Any other advice or a timeline of what i need to do and when would be very much appreciated :biggrin:

Thanks

Chris (a very confused mess at the moment) :err:

Guest truebeliver

hi chris

sorry im not going to be much help but if i reply it will bump you back up and hopefully someone will answer

i can see why your confused but dont let it get on top of you, if your stuck on anything give these guys a ring..... australian service centre 02073794334 open mon/fri 9-4, they are there to help you they answered a few questions for me

HTH

dawn x

Hi mate,

I'm going through it at the moment , it's a bloody nightmare. I'll tell ou my background and the vetassess route.

im 39 been plumbing since I was 16, did a 4 year city and guilds course passing at advanced level.

i have been running my own business for 10 years and got every plumbing / gas qualification required plus more.

To start with I would get yourselves a good agent as it isn't a easy ride.

get together all your qualifications, self declarations , tax, business affairs, kitchen sink , how many times you poo each day etc etc , everything you can think of regarding your work and work history .

Then you send it off to vetassess with a $ 600 fee nd they decided if you qualified enough and what level they give you fom 1-3 ( I got level 1, there's a reason why I said this).(takes about 5-6 weeks)

after that you book yourself into a practical assessment , London is the place at the moment , go to London I did mine on feb 25 th, the asscessment is easy if your a every day p lumber not even worth sweating over it seeing what's on the end of it. ( cost $1500)

I got a successful result on march 3 rd and have been waiting since for my certificate as I need it to apply or WA SS . Logged on to my vetassess account this Tuesday to find that on my GSM ( general skills migration ) score they put that my qualifications aren't equate( equal) to my trade occupation.

At this I went mad , they had given me level 1 , all I've done is plumbing ( 23 years) for **** sake, calm down time!!!

i e mailed them and called my agent yesterday, they Said that the only problem it could be was that they didn't have my advanced plumbing certificate , so sent that off today to my agent and thought I'd log on again to wind myself up. Only to see that they changed the GSM results to IS equate and NOT in my trade .

so panic over and let the nightmare continue.

by the way when we get over you are only at level AQF level 3 provisional plumbing and need level 4 to work un supervised and a gap training course has to be done.

oh the joy

hope this helps out.

Any questions or concerns feel free to ask or pm me

All the best

Ian

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply but thankyou both for your help, i was planning on trying to apply for the visa myself but i'm not sure, would you reccommend i use an agent?? and if so do you reccommend anyone in particular??

Cheers again for your help

Sorry for the late reply but thankyou both for your help, i was planning on trying to apply for the visa myself but i'm not sure, would you reccommend i use an agent?? and if so do you reccommend anyone in particular??

Cheers again for your help

Without doubt it's the best cash I've spent, wouldn't of completed it without them.

im using Ian Harrop how has a guy called Douglas in a Scottish office doing the trade / vetassess part and Jenny who is amazing doing the visa side .

jenny is absolutely excellent, keeps you informed and is always on the end of the phone for any queries

Wouldnt hesitate to use them again

Archived