How long for a shipping quote?

PeteD

Just thought I'd ask how long it takes a shipper between coming out to view your contents and them actually providing a quote?

I ask because they started coming out over two weeks ago and I'm yet to get a quote from any of them.

Thanks

P

Just had robinsons in today for an estimate--the guy was nice and charming--said the quote shd be back by tomorrow or monday the latest. Lets wait and see!

Aussiechick--care to say how much they quoted you for please?

Just had robinsons in today for an estimate--the guy was nice and charming--said the quote shd be back by tomorrow or monday the latest. Lets wait and see!

Aussiechick--care to say how much they quoted you for please?

Of course, I can't remember what the initial quote was, but after a little negotiation we accepted 400cuft @ £2050 and ins at 2%. This is to Melbourne as that's initially where I'll be staying until we're sorted job wise (never thought I'd be asking my mum if I could move back home, especially with a husband and two children! lol) and this is also having to pay more as we're 100 miles from port. Quotes are for a 30mile radius of port unless you say otherwise.

Hope that helps

AC

Thanks for the info. I'm chasing up John Mason first as I've seen their quotes are competitively priced and their depot is only 4 miles from me.

I suspect the reason no-one is keen to get back to me is because my shipment isn't your run of the mill household. In addition to a car and household goods I'm looking to ship a half built car which has no wheels or suspension, although I have it sitting on a cradle which can be rolled around at will and loaded onto a flatbed.

Lets see where we get to, but with less than 3 weeks till it's time to pack up and leave (house sale set to complete), I'm beginning to get a bit twitchy!

Thanks

P

Archived