Where to migrate too WA,SA,VIC or QLD

scotexpat

My partner and I are looking to migrate under the GSM as a chef. However we are very very very keen to move to OZ and out of the jobless UK! We are going initially on a WHV for a year and by then our case officer will hopefully grant a visa. We are do desperate to move we are considering state sponsorship but set our heart on Perth WA because the Oz government struggle to populate the area. But after reading some stuff on here about crime, how quiet it is etc etc (we'd be living in Bunbury or Pinjarra for cheaper property) we are struggling to decide if Perth is right and perhaps choose Adelaide or somewhere else. Advise needed :)

Guest Shell15

Definitely QLD (or NSW)... Not that being a queenslander myself has anything to do with that ;) but seriously the east coast is just beautiful hence why it is more populated other areas. Depends what your looking for though..

Guest kianobeano

Hi scotexpat,

we too going ...hopefully !!! OH is a chef and we also had set on perth, starting to look more further afield now though as july comes nearer.

we going to try get sponsor while we apply for 176.

good luck

jen,

Guest The Ropey HOFF

We haven't ruled out any of the four you name.

We loved it in Brisbane and Perth and there are huge areas of low crime housing, you just need to do your research. We like the look of Adelaide, which to me seems similar to Perth in weather and things going on, but Perths housing seems dearer, both seem great places for jobs though. Melbourne is our last choice, mainly because of the weather, but again the new area of point cook appeals to us. I think your spoilt for choice and opportunity, you are lucky to have such great places to start a new fantastic life. Best of luck.

Archived