Did you declare toys less then 12 months old? And few more Q:)

Katerina

Hi all, Careline is coming over on Wednesday to pack our belongings and I have to fill in the custom forms. Should I declare Xmas toys ? Only small stuff , we knew we would be going so didn't buy anything big..

And should I declare leather belts, coat, shoes?

We were given 2 bottles of special edition whiskey when our kids were born and I would like to bring them in our container, is that going to be a problem? Don't mind paying the duty on it just don't want any problems or delays

what about medicine? Have few packs of nurofen,hay fever tablets..

thanks

Hi Katerina

We didn't declare children's toys and clothes less than a year old as customs are interested in whether you are bringing valuable new stuff into the country to make a profit on it or to avoid buying Aussie stuff. I don't think they are interested in Chritmas and birthday presents for children.

We didn't declare leather shoes and belts on the customs form although shoes were listed on the inventory of what had been packed.

Bring more than a few packs of hay fever medicine - it's really expensive here. So are all basic medicines. Again, we listed 'first aid kit/medicine box' on our inventory but not on the customs form. Over the counter medicines should be fine. We packed our paper prescription with all the hayfever medicine so that they could see that the prescription medicine was legitimate. Anything like pain killers, children's cough medicine, plasters, bandages are much more expensive here.

I would declare the Whiskey though and pay the duty. I think customs will care about that. And since it has sentimental value you don't want to risk losing it.

Good luck with the packing. :smile:

Hi Katerina

We didn't declare children's toys and clothes less than a year old as customs are interested in whether you are bringing valuable new stuff into the country to make a profit on it or to avoid buying Aussie stuff. I don't think they are interested in Chritmas and birthday presents for children.

We didn't declare leather shoes and belts on the customs form although shoes were listed on the inventory of what had been packed.

Bring more than a few packs of hay fever medicine - it's really expensive here. So are all basic medicines. Again, we listed 'first aid kit/medicine box' on our inventory but not on the customs form. Over the counter medicines should be fine. We packed our paper prescription with all the hayfever medicine so that they could see that the prescription medicine was legitimate. Anything like pain killers, children's cough medicine, plasters, bandages are much more expensive here.

I would declare the Whiskey though and pay the duty. I think customs will care about that. And since it has sentimental value you don't want to risk losing it.

Good luck with the packing. :smile:

thank you NowPerth,

all packing done now ,Careline is coming tomorrow morning,fingers crossed it will go smooth:biggrin:

Don't forget there's no duty free allowance in the container - if you've got room you could carry it in your suitcase though. Otherwise you'll have to pay Duty on Arrival.

Jon & I declared leather stuff (it's an animal product) but only generically 'assorted belts and shoes'

Don't forget there's no duty free allowance in the container - if you've got room you could carry it in your suitcase though. Otherwise you'll have to pay Duty on Arrival.

Jon & I declared leather stuff (it's an animal product) but only generically 'assorted belts and shoes'

Thanks joandJon

do you mean the whiskey?

By the way - be wary of bringing large quantities of hayfever meds. The reason they're controlled is 'cos some can be used as a precursor to make illegal drugs.A few packs should be ok, but if you also have multiple camping stoves and coffee filters you will almost certainly become a person of interest to the police!

By the way - be wary of bringing large quantities of hayfever meds. The reason they're controlled is 'cos some can be used as a precursor to make illegal drugs.A few packs should be ok, but if you also have multiple camping stoves and coffee filters you will almost certainly become a person of interest to the police!

I didn't know that. My daughter always has loads. Do you have the recipe? :confused:

Archived