When is the best time to follow up a company without being pushy - opinions pls?

corinne14470

Hi we have an interested company. They spoke to my husbands UK employers on Tuesday afternoon and had a glowing report. From what I believe they have not sponsored before so may be sussing out the process but as we haven't heard anything else yet when should we email them with an update of yey or nay? Don't want to appear pushy but obvioulsy all eggs are in one basket at the moment which is not a good way forward for us... :embarrassed:

I would wait to hear from them. If they want you they will be in touch. If you can't help yourself I would leave it until Wednesday next week. At the same time - don't put your life on hold. Continue exploring other opportunities.

For what it is worth I am the CEO of a company and nothing turns me off faster than those that appear desperate - especially overseas applicants.

Good luck.

Well now I need opinions on step 2!! They emailed and have been making rsms enquiries. They think hubby will fit in their team and the have just asked his response on a Couple of things. Now the only issue is at what point should salary be mentioned??!! It is really important due to the cost of rents etc... And as they are quite a small company then they pay may not be great. Not always so I know but still....they seem sonics though :)) but the more engrossed all parties get then when is crucial for us all

I wouldn't mention it until they make an actual offer of employment. I know the further along in the process you go the more involved you are - however this is also true for them. They more time they invest in you the less likely they will be to walk away if you want more money than they were thinking about.

Do you know how much salary you are hoping to be offered? Is it realistic for the sector?

Thanks Freckleface again...My husband is realistic, they're just a small company in a smallish suburb , so we'll see...it's really exciting though :-)) No idea shy 'sonics' cam out in my last email - it was a predictive text from my phone not me going too loopy

Archived