Primary School Teacher to Perth

chrisandcord

Hi Guys

We are new on here just wanting to get a bit of advice!

We are wanting to go to Perth.

We made the decision to apply last year but then my father in law fell ill and we had to postpone, since then primary school teacher has been taken off SOL 1. We know it is still on SOL 2 and available for sponsored from WA Gov but not one of their sought after occupations either. I see there is the option of off list sponsorship also where you have to provide evidence of demand for the profession or have a tentative offer. There seems to be at least 3 jobs advertised mostly on the teacher jobs website. But how do you go about proving this??

Will also be calling the WA office tomorrow as emails are going unanswered. Tried from outlook at work with a read receipt and said they were getting deleted without being read which is quite frustrating.

Also have a reletive sponsorship does this help with state sponsorship too?

Cheers

Chris and Cordi

You'd possibly have more luck getting a teaching job if you were to opt for somewhere out of Perth (like in the middle of nowhere) but there is no shortage of teachers in Australia - not in the places that people want to live anyway. I doubt you would be able to prove a demand for primary teachers when there are so many teachers out of jobs at the moment. Any job vacancies advertised are usually likely to have scores of applicants and, most lkely, there will be someone sitting in the position anyway but they are obliged by law to advertise the vacancy. It's very hard to get into teaching pretty much in every state unless you are secondary Maths/Science when you do have more of a chance.

Archived