Carpenter technical interview with Vet Assess

chev010

Hi Craig

I think it was $2100 Australia Dollars, $600 for the first checks and then $1500 for the pratical. There is work about but not loads of it like we thought there would be and not the great money we thought we would get. It's proved a bit hard to get your foot in the door as they seem to favour local tradesmen over foreign ones because they have the local experience - so you have to persevere. But hubby did get work within 2 weeks of arriving and money is ok - not great - though now we're here a couple of months he has made contacts and is finding out about the better jobs - so we are optimistic that it will come good over the next few months. Some people have said its just the time of year and that there will be more work after Christmas? But who knows? There is certainly not an array of jobs to choose from as they always make out at the Ozzie Expo's! We're not going home though!! The quality of life here is fantastic and we're loving every minute of it!

Been thinking about moving for the past year or so and with me been single now i have no ties in the UK. Also it's getting worse for jobs here and it seems you have to go through agencies now to get work when you are self-employed. Bottom line is am beginning to dislike England more and more of late. 33 now and want a change of life style and to work in another country.

Thanks again for the info chev :)

Archived