Teaching in OZ - How difficult ??

Guest The Kelly's

Guest The Kelly's

I am a 31 year old teacher in Further Ed - Animal Welfare & Veterinary Health lecturer, but can also teach mainstream Ed - Science (Biology), Maths, English and IT.

I am migrating on a SIR to Adelaide next summer, with husband & young family. :D

Any ideas how difficult it will be to secure teaching work in any of these subjects??? and when should I start posting out CV's???

Thanks

Kelly's

Guest spray21

I am also a teacher but in a different subject and have investigated NSW.

I found that outside Sydney there is some demand for teachers and it is perfectly feasible to get a job. The nastier the location the easier to walk into a job - they pay you extra to go bush!

As far as I understand it you have to register with the state LEA (or equivalent thereof, the initials aren't LEA) then they allocate jobs to people. That is for state schools - for indies you just apply direct, but most of these are church schools.

You will need to have original copies of lots of paperwork to prove qualifications, CRB checks, etc.

Each state has it's own education authority which will have a website with curricula, jobs, etc - suggest you go to google.com.au and do a search!

Best of luck with it all,

spray21

Archived