Dual registration APHRA nightmare!

tomabbie

What a nightmare! Have received my letter of eligibility today but am I pleased no I am fuming. I have a job offer as a midwife in Perth and the idiots at APHRA have only confirmed my eligibility as a registered nurse despite my job offer clearly stating I would be working as a midwife! I provided evidence for both my qualifications and have been working here in the uk as a midwife.

Has anyone else had this problem or do you know if they send the letters of eligibility out separately?

Kirstie xx :arghh:

Im not sure you have to panic to much. Your registration will be for a division 1 nurse. Have a look on the exemptions and additional qualifications. It should show your midewifery qualification on it..

Its not like the uk. Its not separated like RGN, RMN, MW. You either are a RN or a EN here.

Give them a bell

Thanks will have a look, just seems odd because on the application form I ticked both boxes registered nurse and registered midwife so presumed they were separate like in the uk. BTW where do I need to look?

Kirstie x

Im not sure you have to panic to much. Your registration will be for a division 1 nurse. Have a look on the exemptions and additional qualifications. It should show your midewifery qualification on it..

Its not like the uk. Its not separated like RGN, RMN, MW. You either are a RN or a EN here.

Give them a bell

Thanks will have a look, just seems odd because on the application form I ticked both boxes registered nurse and registered midwife so presumed they were separate like in the uk. BTW where do I need to look?

Kirstie x

It should say it on your certificate from ahpra what additional quals you have, it has its own section.......

Sorry for the double post.....bloody ipad playing up! Lol

It should say it on your certificate from ahpra what additional quals you have, it has its own section.......

Sorry for the double post.....bloody ipad playing up! Lol

Thanks, I don't have a certificate just a letter of eligibility at the moment. Have emailed them and tried to ring but message says office is closed even though its still working hours in Perth.

Thanks feel a bit calmer now.

Kirstie x

Archived