Job offer based on experience, NO qualification,,what visa?

Elliott35

Hi All,

I have a job offer that is on the skills in demand list, but I'm not qualified, although l have 20+ years experience - Materials Engineer (Wear-resistant Linings). 10 years as Managing Director for company.

How can l do a skills assessment without qualifications.

Because the company has already accepted that l can do the job, does this mean my skills do not have to be assessed.

The company is willing to sponsor me. Any ideas what would be the best visa to apply for.

Thank you .

Hi - I don't know the answer to your visa question but wondered if the company who offered you the role knows you are not qualified. I'm only asking because I had to rescind a job offer made by an overly enthusiastic team member to an overseas applicant last year because they did not hold an appropriate qualification.

I managed to get a 457 visa based on more than 5 years experience in my field (IT) back in 2004. I was already working for the company in Sydney through an agency at the time and the company then offered to sponsor me directly. It was all done in a few weeks.

Hi Freckleface,

Thanks for the swift reply, yes the company know I'm not qualified, this is why I'm unsure as to what visa. I'm also thinking of flying out for a visit next month, It's quite confusing with the different stories I'm hearing...

I think you will need to call Vetessa or the TRA, you used to have pathways A.B,C & D but I believe they got taken away however there are otherways that you could get in .. i suggest you get a free no obligation check from agents ... George Lombard Alan collett and Jamie Smith are on here hopefully they will be able to advise you correctly

Best of Luck

Chris

Archived